Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with browser compatibility

Options
  • 08-12-2008 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭

Ok so not the greatest website designer/developer ever but have designed and developed the index.html page of the website and i noticed that switching between firefox and ie7 one of the images keeps moving. i have read up on the problem and still no clue how to fix it. can ie7 not read div tags?does anyone have a fix to this? seems like the div tag is overflowing?

can someone please help? seems to only be IE6 & 7, because safari and firfox work fine.

My code is validating and my browser compatitibility is apparently not throwing any errors :rolleyes:

Please help, it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Honestly, trying to use Frontpage to develop a site that is compatible with modenr browsers is a bit of an uphill battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

p wrote: »
    Honestly, trying to use Frontpage to develop a site that is compatible with modenr browsers is a bit of an uphill battle.

p,

i didn't use frontpage to make the site, i used dreamweaver cs3 and photoshop cs3, i think my phrasing confused you. I edited the post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

There are a whole host of issues that IE 6 and IE 7 have when it comes to web pages. From your description it sounds like you may need to set margin values differently for IE using conditional comments.

Probably the easiest thing to do is post the contents of your style sheet. Maybe there is something else that needs to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Could you post up the code so?

Advertisement