Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank wont change credit cards

Options
  • 08-12-2008 5:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭

Wondered what the opinions on this was.
    I have a student mastercard with aib, have had it since I was in college. Only realised the interest is 16% on it. I rang up to change to aib's new click visa card at 8.5% and gave reason as I wanted to reduce my interest rate and I was not a student anymore but in full time permanent employment.
    The guy on the phone told me I had to apply for this new card and they would transfer my balance, I answered his questions and he pre-approved me over the phone. On friday I got a letter saying my application was unsuccessful,wtf.
    I aint looking for a second card, I want to change the one I already have. Has anyone heard of this.Am I entitled to change cards? I emailed them to demand reason for refusal.
    I have a good mind to pay it off and cancel it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Wondered what the opinions on this was.
    I have a student mastercard with aib, have had it since I was in college. Only realised the interest is 16% on it. I rang up to change to aib's new click visa card at 8.5% and gave reason as I wanted to reduce my interest rate and I was not a student anymore but in full time permanent employment.
    The guy on the phone told me I had to apply for this new card and they would transfer my balance, I answered his questions and he pre-approved me over the phone. On friday I got a letter saying my application was unsuccessful,wtf.
    I aint looking for a second card, I want to change the one I already have. Has anyone heard of this.Am I entitled to change cards? I emailed them to demand reason for refusal.
    I have a good mind to pay it off and cancel it.

Ring them and tell them you're off to the Halifax. And if they don't respond to your satisfaction, then do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

The aib guy obviously sent it off on a new card basis instead of a balance transfer basis. Ring and complain definatly, if you have a number for their credit card dept direct you'd be better off calling them and not your branch, as it will have been sent to the credit card dept to process and this is where your letter would have come from.

Advertisement