Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrimbo celebration in Melbourne?

Options
  • 08-12-2008 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

Two christmas orphans here away from their mammy for chrimbo.Will be around from the 21st to the 27th in a backpackers around chapel st.Anyone know of anything going on like christmas dinners or drinks,I might even go to chrimbo mass this year!

Have no idea how the aussies celebrate so would be nice to get some advice on what will be happening.

Cheers all,never thought I would be sunbathing on the 8th of December,I should be up in the shmoke doin me shoppin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Cheers all,never thought I would be sunbathing on the 8th of December,I should be up in the shmoke doin me shoppin!
    Thats funny! Its only 21 degrees outside but hey :D

As for Christmas I am just treating it like any other w/end day. Chilling with a few drinks then maybe go to a friends in the arvo for a BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

dSTAR wrote: »
    Thats funny! Its only 21 degrees outside but hey :D

Yeah wtf?

St Kilda beach is where the irish go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Two christmas orphans here away from their mammy for chrimbo.Will be around from the 21st to the 27th in a backpackers around chapel st.Anyone know of anything going on like christmas dinners or drinks,I might even go to chrimbo mass this year!

Have no idea how the aussies celebrate so would be nice to get some advice on what will be happening.

ooh. i shall be in melbourne, possibly all by myself on the 27th, and most of the 28th, too. shall be keeping an eye on this thread...

what's the hostel you're at like?

Everywhere else has a 'Regular Beers' so why the heck not Melbourne? Surely there are enough sad barstewards here to make up the numbers.

haha, think i may have just made plans. it involves duty free booze, and a beach.

• Advertisement

haha, think i may have just made plans. it involves duty free booze, and a beach.
    Probably would skip the beach and head straight for the booze.

Next year its an Arabic country for me. All this Christmas stuff makes my brain hurt.

ha, people are asking me ' what im doing for xmas', the usual reply is that im either packing, drinking, or doing whatever th hell it is i do on weekends... *shrug* it's just another day.

i gotta leave to complete my WHV in new zealand, so will be in melbourne on the 27th, hence replyin gto this thread initially. still not 100% sure how things'll go down, mind.

Advertisement