Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to write a play

Options
  • 08-12-2008 8:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have allways whanted to wite a play but how to start . lets wite it together. I will give the idea to set the mood. A train ride accross country. lets have fun.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Maurice throws his bag in the overhead rack and sits down opposite a long haired youth listening to his iPod.

Maurice nods and the youth nods back.

An older woman with loads of bags plonks herself down beside Maurice waves across him at someone standing outside on the platform.

She smiles with exaggeration as she whispers "Good bye and good riddance you old bastard!"

The train pulls out of the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

maurice pulls down his pants and examines a very nasty rash in his groin area he mutters to himself "il bet its the clap". the old woman who had just sat down is astonished by this strangers actions yet also aroused she has not felt like this in some 40 years , maurice turns to her and speakes
    maurice; "ya dont have any auld vasiline or someting like it to cure a stinging rash ha?"
    old lady; "no im sorry i dont, what ever seems to be the matter thats a very nasty rash you have young man"
    at this stage the young student who had been listening to his i pod was becoming very uncomfrotable.
    old lady;I hear saliva is a very good coolant for such nasty rashes , il spit on my hand and rub it in gently if you want?
    maurice;(in frightfull pain agrees) jeasus anything at this stage .
    the word were no sooner out of his mouth when the old lady was cupping maurices genitals in one hand and caressing his loins in the other with her spit soaked hand...........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭inisboffin

*aside* are yez improvising a play or are yez improvising a story? ;) Are yez listening and adding to what went before, in that case ;) Are yez taking yer time and thinking of the greater good of the play - arc - suspense - character etc..or are yez going for glory of the single post and 'blowing yer wads' in one go ;)

*shakes stick and hobbles off muttering*
    ;0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rip Roara

Just as the elderly woman rubs his now erect meber. A young woman walks in.

Cathy . What the hell is happing here.

Margret {shocked} I was just giving this man a hand with his rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭inisboffin

*aside* much better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ocluggg

Just then a playwright arrives, yawns and falls asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rip Roara

As the train starts to pick up speed. Startes to rain outside. A man with a dark rain coat enters. And promptly seats next to Cathy.

Jack Hi my name is jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

he sits on the playwright and farts on his pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

omg!

Advertisement