Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa

Options
  • 08-12-2008 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I have been asked to be Santa, and said I would do it. The party is this week and for all the local kids. Thing is, I have a fair idea of what’s involved but since I’m going to do it, I want to make it as good as possible for the kids. I assume lots of you have brought kids to these party’s over the years and saw what the guy in the red suit was doing, I haven’t but was wondering if ye had any suggestions for me to make the evening as good as I can for the kids and parents.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Will you be in a grotto, with kids coming in to see you? If so, get an elf to take their names in the queue, so you know who is coming in next, and can call them by name. Simple and effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

ya heres one, with the very young kids (under 4) dont go all HO HO HO and loudness with them..... they will run and hide behind mommy lol. Other then that good luck.

ps. watch out for the cheeky little buggers wanting to pull your beard off.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

I was Santa's elf/helper once a year for about 8 years. Best contraception ever!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

For your own safety don't let any child sit on your lap, parents generally don't like it, also some children due to fear or excitement have been known to pee themselves so you don't want a leg soaking. :eek:

If a child is wearing something like a crested sports top use it to your advantage and they'll be impressed that you know which team they follow or which club or activity they're involved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Dont automatically promise to get what the child is asking for!! Go for a "I will do my best to get that but I will get you something special and new just for you..." .... sort of thing.

Or chance a glance up at the parents and see how they react to what the child is asking you for.

Best of luck, try to relax and enjoy it. Kids - especially small ones - can be great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

noby wrote: »
    Will you be in a grotto, with kids coming in to see you? If so, get an elf to take their names in the queue, so you know who is coming in next, and can call them by name. Simple and effective.

Seriously. Have you ever tried to catch one of those little feckers?!

Advertisement