Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Nightmare Long Video

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I can honestly say that that video was in my opinion terrible, I didnt think they could do much worse than the day that never comes but by god!!

So boring, goes nowhere too much text to read. This is meant to be a metal video god dammit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow. That was absolutely brilliant! Of course, I generally love zombies, but the whole style of the video was terrific, it's something vastly different to ordinary metal videos too which is a huge plus.

Patricide, if you want something with less words, and more action, you might like this:

God knows, I think it's genius! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Wow. That was absolutely brilliant! Of course, I generally love zombies, but the whole style of the video was terrific, it's something vastly different to ordinary metal videos too which is a huge plus.

Patricide, if you want something with less words, and more action, you might like this:

God knows, I think it's genius! :D
    I strangly like it, who is it? Sounds like in extremo but missing all the crazy harps and lutes and stuff.

O the style is unique alright. But it certainly isnt for me. I can see the video being a marmite job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

very good video. the only thing i found was that despite being a music video i was hardly aware of the tune playing as i was too busy taking in the text and action. could be i've heard that song so much that it didn't register but there was so much going on in the video that it distracted from the tune.

very different though,nice to see something different from the 'band play in the desert/prison/warehouse' format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Rockee...otherwise possibly known as 'Metallica Fanboy' around the Rock/Metal Section of boards, thinks its crap.

To me its like just putting the sound on mute while watching a film on the telly and Metallica just so happen to come on your stereo system.

Ive stuck up for Metallica a lot in the past but this just doesnt cut the mustard for me this time around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Its no player pawn Dave! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

First time I've heard anything off Death Magnetic, but was impressed with the song and the video was just excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

Its so refreshing to see a video like this!

Well done, yet again, 'Tallica

Well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Noice. Does take away from the song a small bit but a real cool vid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Its no player pawn Dave! ;)

Haha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Not sure it's that great.

It's different yeah but it's more akin to a mini-movie or something.
    I think it's far too detached from the song and really distracts all focus from the song.

I did like it because zombies and alternate timelines are great and all but I think they could have done better with a song like that.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Good video in itself very entertaining, not a good music video though imo

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

interesting video, as the Tunguska Event actually happened. no zombies though.

watched an interesting documentary on it a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I really enjoyed it when I first watched it but haven't watched it again since and I agree with what some posters are saying in that it does distract your focus from the song.

However, what a cracking song, it's my favourite tune off "Death Magnetic"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I quite like this one. Good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Anyone see this yet? It's f**king brilliant, best metal video I've seen in a long time!

While it was vastly different I don't think I would go that far. I watched this video and felt that it was absurdly strange for two major reasons...

1. We live in 2009, and its been almost 10 years since the fall of the Soviet Union, never mind the slow collapse of the Soviet's as a superpower which was really happening during the 1980s. So this video, which would have had to be based between 50s to 70s was out of touch with current politics

2. It tried to much to re create the idea behind the video for "One" - the bands first video - in that it introduced a style of politics into the video, tried to toy with the idea of democracy and the bands music being interlinked, and (unlike One) didn't feel like a Metallica song...if James wants to shout, he can make a solo record, I'd rather listen to vintage Metallica then this

Having said that, it is certainly a better effort then the last couple of videos, which have just been plain awful. The video for Frantic springs to mind, an absolute disgrace, which was obviously only made to enhance the fact the band were on tour and didn't even feature an apperance from the band. If this video had been put with the music from One I think I might have liked it more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

While it was vastly different I don't think I would go that far. I watched this video and felt that it was absurdly strange for two major reasons...

1. We live in 2009, and its been almost 10 years since the fall of the Soviet Union, never mind the slow collapse of the Soviet's as a superpower which was really happening during the 1980s. So this video, which would have had to be based between 50s to 70s was out of touch with current politics

The video for Frantic springs to mind, an absolute disgrace, which was obviously only made to enhance the fact the band were on tour and didn't even feature an apperance from the band.

You say its not in touch with modern politics, the video for One wasn't either as its clips are from a movie of World War 1. Not exactly up to date with 1988/89 politics:pac:

And they were in the video for Frantic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef1yrxbgr8M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I dont think Metallica need to take note of every aspect of glasnost when making their video.

BTW, I have raised this on the Metallica Club fourm. Has anybody seen this video on Suczz,Kerrang, or MTV2 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

tbh most of metallicas videos have been pretty forgettable!!

Advertisement