Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designated Driver get soft drink free

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

See a couple of posts above...
    I was in the States early this year and they done this, although it was not advertised or anything.

It's been going a few years. I'm not surprised when it happens, but neither am I surprised if I get charged for a Coke. Most particularly, the soft drink comes free after a pint: The conclusion being that if you're taking a coke after a single pint, you're probably planning on driving home.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Biggins wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

They can be trusted more to get the drunks home in one piece at least.
    You will (or should) be grateful for that in the morning after you sober up!
    "At least I'm home in one piece!"

Ah I know. Their a great bunch in fairness. God bless em. I've often been one myself, on weekends where I've had a game.

Its the sober ones who lurk around clubs preying on innocent young alcos. They're the ones who can't be trusted!:pac:

EDIT: Oh and I'm also jealous that I would have p1ssed away well over 100 notes. When all they spent was 10 quid on fanta, 16 quid on rohypnol and 10 quid for a bag of lime. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Nice one. My local does it so free coke for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Thank you for your email regarding our Designated Driver Campaign.

Once you advise the bar person you or your friend is the designated driver, there is no limit to the number of free drinks but you must be driving at least one person who is consuming alcohol. You can find a list of participating bars on our website www.designateddriver.ie.

Email Reply from Coca Cola

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

deadly, smuggled nagans it is so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Three of us out last night and i was driving. When i went up to get the first round i asked the bar man for a free coke seeing as how they had a poster up for the offer as well as beermats promoting it.

His reply; "Never heard of it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

KTRIC wrote: »
    Yep, you need to go to your local Garda station and fill out form SOR2001 and ask to be put on the register.

They'll understand ;)

I may be after a bottle of wine but I lol'd so hard when I read that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭360ts

rubadub wrote: »
    Nothing to stop the small pub just buying a 2L of coke in tesco. Most rugby & GAA bars I have been in do this for kids, either free or very small nominal charge.

Would you actually drink a glass of coke from a 2L bottle of coke? Some people complain that it's flat (when getting a dash for their short), these are usually the same people who constantly complain about the prices, even though in most towns you have to pay for dashes now, whereas we give them for free.

I always look after the regulars that make my life easy, give them a few drinks on the quiet. It's the ones who are constantly on about price and asking for 'one on the house' that I charge full whack to.

Maybe you should look to the government to see where most of the money of the price of a pint goes!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

360ts wrote: »
    Maybe you should look to the government to see where most of the money of the price of a pint goes!
    the government take a lot less than they used to , just compare the price in supermarkets to pubs, both pay full excise and VAT , both make a profit and don't quote me on it costs just as much to manufacture a pint before you put it into a can or key

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

finno wrote: »
    In my local a pint of beer 5 euro and a pint of coke 5.20.

Eamonn dorans in dublin. I was charged €5 for a 250ml can of red bull.

I gave my friend 3.70 to buy it for me as he was going up. The retard gave the guy the 3.70 and told me to go back up and pay the rest. I went up and the barman had already opened it and he said i couldn't get my money back so i had to buy it. €5 for a tiny can of red bull takes rip-off to the extreme (especially seeing as they had vodka and coca-cola for €4).

Had i not been playing later that night i would have kicked up a huge fuss and demanded to see a manager ect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement