Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living In Tallagh Area

Options
  • 08-12-2008 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Does any one Live in The Tallagh area? was looking at the new apartments near the shopping centre and was wondering what the area is like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

It depends what part of Tallaght you're going to. Either way its not much diffirent to anywhere else in Dublin.... so much broken glass even the dogs wear shoes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Horndog1

well it was close enough to the Square shopping centre! i not from dublin originaly but i know tallagh always had a rough name!! I agree about the glass though seems to be all over de place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

Well its not the best area but I suppose its not the worst either. A small minority of people give the place a bad name

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The area around the square has really picked up in the last few years. You now have bars, restaurants, 24 hour shopping in Tesco. A lot of the apartments seem to be owned/rented by non nationals judging by the flags in the windows when there's a polish match on, so it may be a bit quiet if they all go back home. It tends to be the housing estates that are traditionally rough though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Yes I guess your talking belgard square, which is right beside the square, for amenities it would seem excellent, luas, shops, cafes, take aways, buses, gym, etc but It would be a bit noisy considering you are right beside 2 main roads, quite close to the Hospital so expect lots of late night ambulance sirens, and when rovers open the stadium on the other side of that crossroads it could introduce some more issues. are you looking to buy or rent? I'd be inclined to look for a place in the old bawn\tymon\ west park\bancroft\millbrook\maelruans\aylesbury\seskin view \bawnville area, which is the older central part of Tallaght and a lot more settled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

damonjewel wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to look for a place in the old bawn\tymon\ west park\bancroft\ area, which is the older central part of Tallaght and a lot more settled.

All of the above and Priorsgate beside the old village. Tallaght is a good value spot and every amenity is at hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dazzis

garda and fire services need improvements :o:o:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NEEVYYYY

can anyone let me know what the sundale housing estate is like in tallaght, cuz im looking at buying a house up that way !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dazzis

if i was you i wouldnt get a house in sundale. you should be looking around belgard, kingswood, kilnamanagh, glenveiw, springfield. no go areas are killnarden, jobstown, feathercairn, tymon, sundale or brookfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Dazzis wrote: »
    if i was you i wouldnt get a house in sundale. you should be looking around belgard, kingswood, kilnamanagh, glenveiw, springfield. no go areas are killnarden, jobstown, feathercairn, tymon, sundale or brookfield.

I agree with you there.
    But them apartments near square are not bad because right beside Springfield and square no other place by there i think.

you could go further out and go saggart or rathcoole there is great as well:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

NEEVYYYY wrote: »
    can anyone let me know what the sundale housing estate is like in tallaght, cuz im looking at buying a house up that way !

I would say go De Selby on blessing ton road or rathcoole or saggart and the other places listed above:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

NEEVYYYY wrote: »

Which part of Sundale are you looking at?

Advertisement