Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tip if u plan buying iphone 3g in italy..

• 08-12-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

just got mine at 569 euro in a TIM store...

however for asny1 else going to get 1..dont buy it in a voda/tim store as you are paying and extra 20 euro for the prepay sim...

if u but it in one of the 'smart phone' shops or any other shop selling sim free phone you can get the 16gb for 549..i got stung but you dont have to!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

cojomo2 wrote: »
    just got mine at 569 euro in a TIM store...

however for asny1 else going to get 1..dont buy it in a voda/tim store as you are paying and extra 20 euro for the prepay sim...

if u but it in one of the 'smart phone' shops or any other shop selling sim free phone you can get the 16gb for 549..i got stung but you dont have to!

Glad to hear you eventually got your iPhone cojomo2. ;)

Dare I ask, what was your experience with the activation? Did you require the Italian sim, Italian iTunes, did you even need to activate it etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Glad to hear you eventually got your iPhone cojomo2. ;)

Dare I ask, what was your experience with the activation? Did you require the Italian sim, Italian iTunes, did you even need to activate it etc?

it was grand, and yeah i did have to activate it..the woman in the shop told me to activate it with my irish sim..the phone didnt have the latest firmware so had to sort that too, but it took 30 min to do it..think the hotels wireless was crap, and at 5 euro/30min, expensive too..like everything else there i wont go on..but even a can of coke in a place we were havin lunch..5 euro! and i thought dublin was bad...

now my only issue is bloody 3 ireland-not letting me access orb.com to stream my media!feckers!

Advertisement