Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary reviews in these troubles times

Options
  • 08-12-2008 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

A review of a salary could mean a reduction aswell as an increase, but putting the optimistic foot forward, how many of you are squeezing an extra few shillings out of the coffers in terms of increasing your annual salary when it comes to review time?

Has all the recent negative noise about the economy blindsided your employer from seeing how productive and hard working you are?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

A review of a salary could mean a reduction aswell as an increase, but putting the optimistic foot forward, how many of you are squeezing an extra few shillings out of the coffers in terms of increasing your annual salary when it comes to review time?

Has all the recent negative noise about the economy blindsided your employer from seeing how productive and hard working you are?

I am expecting a pay freeze...
    however nothing new there... have been on them before when money was tight even in boom times ... esp after 2001.
    I am just glad that i have my job and i can pay my bills. A pay rise is nice but i dont need it to validate that i am doing a good job. And practically speaking I am actually a little better off this year than last as prices have fallen somewhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

ya was lucky enough to get a pay rise but i am on an incremental pay scale so not sure if that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

We haven't had a review (for increase - or anything) since June 07, so I think it's an attitude of 'count yourself lucky your not getting a decrease' !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭ALFIET

Yeah a friend of mine says her company is asking for 10% pay cuts. ouch.

Would not like that

I have moved from a 5 day week to a 4 day week and taken a pay cut as a result which saves them money and me time off

Advertisement