Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I will donate €100 euro to ssf if

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Based on recent posts, I'll up my pledge to €100 if this happens! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

faceman wrote: »
    Based on recent posts, I'll up my pledge to 100 if this happens! ;)

Which, my modship, or the request by the gent above you?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Collect the cash first, previously we've had stuff like this and people didnt pay.

Also, I have to have a think about this, I'm definitely NOT in favour of this sort of thing as Boards assists SSF and I dont want to step on toes either. If it happens it will be at the request of the LL and with strict controls on what you can do not to mention no access to the Mods forums. Sorry but I'm very uncomfortable about this precedent.

DeV.

Ive no intention other than putting my money where my mouth is. The sole purpose is to raise money. Ive offered up an idea to raise money. What boards.ie want to do with it from here is up to the admin.
    If the admin want to put a structure, rules, or guidelines in place so be it.
    I dont know where to take it from here, it would require
    others to make decisions.

i offered my pledge, give me a link, and ssf will have it today

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You're bound to piss one of those wimmins off: you'll be mod for a week and then banned for a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Overheal wrote: »
    You're bounc to piss one of those wimmins off: you'll be mod for a week and then banned for a month.
    and considering he's redundant now - I have a feeling we'll have a re-reg on our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

DeVore wrote: »
    Also, I have to have a think about this, I'm definitely NOT in favour of this sort of thing as Boards assists SSF and I dont want to step on toes either. If it happens it will be at the request of the LL and with strict controls on what you can do not to mention no access to the Mods forums. Sorry but I'm very uncomfortable about this precedent.

DeV.

Then please give generously: :)
    Ponster wrote: »
    To be fair though if people don't want Snyper as a mod of LL for a week then they need to create a new collection where people donate €€€ to not see him as mod !

:D

Would the admins be more amenable to granting one of the forum requests or something like that? I'm sure some people will be more than willing to have paid a handsome price for a Microwaves and Time Machine forum for instance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

javaboy wrote: »
    Would the admins be more amenable to granting one of the forum requests or something like that? I'm sure some people will be more than willing to have paid a handsome price for a Microwaves and Time Machine forum for instance.

Excellent idea !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I think the best plan would be to take the donations so far, instate him as mod with some, but not too many restrictions, then put up a counter for amount gathered to depose him. He's mod and causes mischief and whatnot until another €400 or whatever is raised...

assuming the consent of the other LL mods, of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Make him pay another 200 dollar damages deposit which he loses if he makes a mess :)

• Advertisement

GuanYin wrote: »
    Make him pay another 200 dollar damages deposit which he loses if he makes a mess :)

did i mention i was jobless?

its 2 wks before christmas.

snyper wrote: »

bah humbug :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

GuanYin wrote: »
    bah humbug :p

Says the Pot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

snyper wrote: »

You must've gotten a fairly generous redunancy package if you're splashin around money willy nilly like this. Didn't know that renewable energy workers were so well paid! ;)

You just want to piss of the ladies, that's all. Be a good man and donate the money without angering the wummanz. Although, I'm not really too bothered by either camp - I've no money for charity and there's very few women on this site anyway, let em have their day in the sun - and not just on page 3 :pac:

javaboy wrote: »
    Then please give generously: :)
    :D

Isn't there already enough dead/useless forums on this site ? Wanderly Wagon forum anyone?
    Collect the cash first, previously we've had stuff like this and people didnt pay.

DeV.

I wouldn't imagine you'd want to be pimping modship for the sake of a donation. Surely it'd make more sense if yis just dontated some of the subscription money or something ?

You are the fool, Mr. Howie - Punch, one of the great fool-victims of history, for you have accepted the role of king for a day, and who but a fool would do that?
    :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The LL mods have agreed to have you for a week of modding if you raise €1000 pledged to your name. Anyone who supports you can simply add it to the comments when they donate money and I will tally.

This is their donation in a sense.

Please note, I will NOT be doing this again. Boards cannot be "held to ransom" while bits of it are sold off to the highest bidder. No forums, no modships, no nothing. One time gig.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Eh how do you think Zaph got made mod of the ladies lounge, he won it in a raffle...
    No seriously he did.
    And the prize of a forums being created was in the same raffle last year and that is how we have the hats and beards forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

The LL mods have agreed to have you for a week of modding if you raise €1000 pledged to your name. Anyone who supports you can simply add it to the comments when they donate money and I will tally.

Deadly. I'll donate!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Eh how do you think Zaph got made mod of the ladies lounge, he won it in a raffle...
    No seriously he did.
    And the prize of a forums being created was in the same raffle last year and that is how we have the hats and beards forum.

<3 sister Zaph

Aye Thaed but the difference is the community deciding that sort of thing or doing it themselves, not having a 3rd party (the user) appeal to a 4th party (SSF) to make Boards give them something. Basically this stuff isnt SSF's to sell and its a touch presumptuous :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Paid up 50 there. So its started. Thanks Dev.

Ps, can I get a quote on how much to get snyper sitebanned for that week?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

My €5 for Snyper is in.

Aye Thaed but the difference is the community deciding that sort of thing or doing it themselves, not having a 3rd party (the user) appeal to a 4th party (SSF) to make Boards give them something. Basically this stuff isnt SSF's to sell and its a touch presumptuous :)

DeV.

Understood, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jaysus i didnt think a decent site like this would sell out like this. Why would he want to mod the ladies lounge. Reproally i think its a stupid idea and just makes the whole site go down to a joke in my opinion. Selling mod status . Sad but tis ye're site.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

seanybiker wrote: »
    jaysus i didnt think a decent site like this would sell out like this. Why would he want to mod the ladies lounge. Reproally i think its a stupid idea and just makes the whole site go down to a joke in my opinion. Selling mod status . Sad but tis ye're site.

:D Selling out, yes, that's what is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I disagree. I think it's a great idea. Snyper, G'em and Zaph in TLL.. hehehe it's gona be great \o/:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

yeah, its terrible that the mod's of the lady's lounge and Devore have agreed to allow snyper to become a mod for week for charity.I hope he gets the 1k, I have a sense of irony.

It's only for a week, and there's people out there that are going to benefit. And it might even be a good laugh.

I am sure there is a way to make him mod ot tll but not let him have access to the mod forum :)

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I am sure there is a way to make him mod ot tll but not let him have access to the mod forum :)

Personally I think thats fair enough. Snyp might be stupid, but he's not stupid enough to mess up a forum in one week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement