Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I will donate €100 euro to ssf if

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Note: The maximum amount of posts you can delete in one go is 400.

Was Snyper to go about deleting posts, it wouldn't be too long before he was caught.
    These posts can also be restored, so he would be wasting his time.

Thanks to modutils 2 banned recently banned users can be seen and all users can be unbanned quickly.

There really isn't much damage he can do.

Also, I'll throw a few quid in as soon as I find my code card.
    I know it's around here somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I don't think anyone except DeV has made a distinction between Boards.ie and the SSF. What would I know? I'm only a pleb but I thought the SSF was something Boardsies did at this time of year. Is there anyone involved in SSF that isn't involved in Boards.ie?

Thinking that the two "organizations" as interchangeble to an extent is an honest error. Would SSF even exist without Boards.ie? I seriously doubt it.

What is the absolute worst an "outsider" could do if they were made mod? Ban someone from a forum on the Internet? Any of the regular mods could undo the damage in a few mouse clicks. Don't give them access to the mods forum if that's a worry. That's a simple administrative matter.

Fair enough, I can see why some people might consider certain posters to be unsuitable as mods but a few behind the scenes PMs could have sorted that out and allowed the "winner" to magnanimously decline the appointment and nominate another, more acceptable, poster and still enjoy their moment in the spotlight.

I'm sorry I must be thick but I can't see logic behind the objection.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

DeVore wrote: »
    Aye Thaed but the difference is the community deciding that sort of thing or doing it themselves, not having a 3rd party (the user) appeal to a 4th party (SSF) to make Boards give them something. Basically this stuff isnt SSF's to sell and its a touch presumptuous :)

DeV.

i think you are taking my offer the wrong way. I offered to give 100, paid of course in advance if tll 'modded me for a week.
    If others added to it tll could agree or not to accept. Its is just a novel idea to help out on my part

Hagar wrote: »
    I don't think anyone except DeV has made a distinction between Boards.ie and the SSF. What would I know? I'm only a pleb but I thought the SSF was something Boardsies did at this time of year. Is there anyone involved in SSF that isn't involved in Boards.ie?

Thinking that the two "organizations" as interchangeble to an extent is an honest error. Would SSF even exist without Boards.ie? I seriously doubt it.

What is the absolute worst an "outsider" could do if they were made mod? Ban someone from a forum on the Internet? Any of the regular mods could undo the damage in a few mouse clicks. Don't give them access to the mods forum if that's the worry. That's a simple administrative matter.
    exactly my point. As for the rest of your post old man..id be offended if i had feelings ;)

Just to add, i dont want access to mod forums or the ability to do mod things in there.. Simply the 'appearance' would suffice. Like an honourary thing if you understand

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    exactly my point. As for the rest of your post old man..id be offended if i had feelings ;)
    As an old man I try not to offend, I'm not as good at the fisticuffs as I used to be. Nowadays I rely on a firewall and an thousand kilometre distance. The cowardice of the elderly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The cowardice of the elderly.

You are not a coward, Hagar.

Tom Dunne wrote: »

Wanna pledge 20 on that? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

What is the absolute worst an "outsider" could do if they were made mod? Ban someone from a forum on the Internet? Any of the regular mods could undo the damage in a few mouse clicks. Don't give them access to the mods forum if that's a worry. That's a simple administrative matter.

Fair enough, I can see why some people might consider certain posters to be unsuitable as mods but a few behind the scenes PMs could have sorted that out and allowed the "winner" to magnanimously decline the appointment and nominate another, more acceptable, poster and still enjoy their moment in the spotlight.

I'm sorry I must be thick but I can't see logic behind the objection.

I've been here a lot longer than Snyper, and I don't make a distinction either :confused:

If there is a demarcation, further confusion may be avoided by making that clear. It would be a shame indeed to lose the "manpower" that boards.ie provides, however, while SSF would rock wherever its home may be.

All our discussions here are so much hot air anyway, as this 'aint no democracy, and while we have to give credence to the opinion of the founder of both boards and SSF, that doesn't mean we have to agree with them.

At the end of the day, it isn't nuclear launch codes we're talking about here. It's an extra couple of icons (that he can't or won't be clicking anyway) on a moderately busy forum, on a moderately busy discussion portal (for want of a better term. It's Christmas, and he came up with a good idea, which didn't set a precedent. Hardly presumptuous, in my view
    snyper wrote: »
    i think you are taking my offer the wrong way. I offered to give 100, paid of course in advance if tll 'modded me for a week.
    If others added to it tll could agree or not to accept. Its is just a novel idea to help out on my part

:)
    Tom Dunne wrote: »

Indeed not. More Hagars here would not go amiss at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

To make DeVores point,

500 if Snyper is perma banned.

Handy 500 for ssf by one person. Anyone wishing to add to it can. If the total for perma banning > Request?

A good cause wins. A Bad one fails.

• Advertisement

What sort of post is that?

How much would you pay if I were perm-banned?

Transfer €1000 and upon confirmation I'll make your sad life happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Wonder how much it would cost for merc and all his accounts to disappear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is Daithi, click my sig and donate €500 to the SSF, I'd even take a months site ban in snypers place to see you do that. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Nerin wrote: »

A lifetimes pay for someone who can twelve click.

Alternatively, 6th will happily do it for free, and I'll hold his coat.

edit: Likewise, youandmeanddaithimcgee. I'll take a (justified this time) siteban for 500 sheets for the kids. I'll happily share with anyone else who's already offered. You game?

Hell yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

I would not pay to see you banned. Are you some sort of learning child? Did you not read what was posted or do you need help to read things? God loves all his children. Even the simple ones.
    Nerin wrote: »

Whut?
    SteveC wrote: »
    Why don't you put your money where your mouth is Daithi, click my sig and donate €500 to the SSF, I'd even take a months site ban in snypers place to see you do that. :mad:

See above? I have put my money where my mouth is. How about a perma ban for you and snyper for 500 notes?

You seem up for it?

if you agree don't you be re'reging your ass.

Santa knows if you have been bad...

Devore Knows best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

See above? I have put my money where my mouth is. How about a perma ban for you and snyper for 500 notes?

You seem up for it?

if you agree don't you be re'reging your ass.

Santa knows if you have been bad...

Devore Knows best.

Perm ban for both of us would cost you €5000, it would be up to DeV if we could re-reg after that.
    Work it out big man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

<3 sister Zaph

And don't forget the beardy forum!

How do you donate?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

DeVore Knows Best... I think I'll put that in my sig.

Can everyone chill for a minute. Let me clarify a few things.

1. SSF is something I came up with in my head 5 years ago. That is to say that I never asked the other admins and planned a more "organic" style of charitable deed. SSF was never supposed to be a big thing or an every year thing, it was just supposed to be a "thing". I'd raise enough to buy an XBOX or something for Temple's Street and then deliver it anonymously in combat stuff, as Santa's commando. The admins are very supportive and let me do stuff with the site to support the charity however we agreed a clear divide of Boards not being legally responsible etc for the charity work of SSF. Also, we do separate accounts so cash is never mixed up, we are run by separate people (the only common one being me). Assisting me are literally a dozen people who do various jobs, from Jon and Johanna who always help with the buying of stuff (and much more) to Amp and Sparkey who have done the driving and sorting to Kharn and RoundyMoundy who lifted heavy things and sorted out the SSF in Cork for me respectively. These are just a few of the people involved. I keep a separate account for SSF so all monies can be tracked and accounted for. Boards is the conduit for the SSF to reach the people who can help me make it, well, "go".
    The admins watch from the side lines with bemused looks and help wherever they can or I ask, but short of letting me go mad on the site and donating generously, they arent involved.
    The sense in which SSF belongs to "Boards" is that it is powered by and organised at grass roots by the people who make up Boards. Its spiritual home is here, its legal home is my apartment. :)

Secondly, I will discuss the OP's post with the mods of LL, I had thought it had been discussed but I was mistaken. I've no issue about trust etc, I just dont want to open the particular can of worms which has been neatly displayed in the last page :)

Anyway, lets keep this lighthearted and positive eh?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ok i think this thread needs to be locked. Its getting stupid. It started off as a good idea to raise some nice cash for ssf and people are just taking the mick. The mods of tLL are coming up with t&c as to snyper possible modding the lounge.

As before its for charity. Once its finalisied there will be a new thread started.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You go gurl!

Locked.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement