Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championships 2009 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

syngindub wrote: »
    the crowd are a joke, I'd say a lot were dissapointed as i was was that Barny didn't put up a better fight

a few clowns in tonight, but crowd have generally been good, did you seen the nine darter, crowd went crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

seen the nine darter. I don't know how barney kept it together with the racket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

taylor 110.94,new final record barney s is only human, Nicola Moriarty is only lovely roll on the league.think barney will be happy enough as he had not the best year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I'm gonna miss those Ladbrokes walk on girls!!
    They're pretty sweet alright, particularly the dark haired one.

Mervin King was a shocking fella for walking up on stage before the girl.Bad Form..It's bad enough for girl having to do the job in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Taylor brilliant
    Barney peaked against Baxter and added a nine darter never turned up tonight
    Wish sid would fxxkin retire we have enough noise pollution
    Booing doesn't do any sport any favours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Who were they booing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

what is the story with them booing, some of those ppl are unreal they just witnessed a masterclass,no respect for nothin

Because the final was poor and got boring after Taylor had it at 5-1, The PDC are annoying me Taylor played 2 games in 3 days and Barney played 3 games in 3 days and they weren't short games and the PDC putting Taylors semi final on last annoyed me , we could have had that game between Taylor and King done and over with and then the much better game between Wade and Barney to finish the night, it is getting to the stage where Phil Taylor is practically running the PDC or its Barry Hearn making it as easy as possible for Phil Taylor to win the World Title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Apart from the wonderful darts let us not foget the lovely Nicola.. sweet smiling nicola ooh la ;) *rubs thighs frantically*

http://nicolamoriarty.co.uk/darts.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

log on to her wed site the girl is so fine ,can the BDO not afford walk on girls ,or was it bobby was interviewing them. seen bobby George throw in a exhibition in folkmills 15 ,20years ago .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads I was at thw darts and I didnt hear any booing. I say it might be different ontv but I heard nothing. Taylor was unstoppable, but Barney7 had darts to go 2-2 and then maybe 3-2 but he missed and thats the difference. Taylor deserved it, I ****ing hate the man but he is a true champion.

Boards.ie trip to final next year?? I'm in!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

There was a touch of booing - just for the Sky Sports presenter as he walked on. I suppose only certain mics picked it up. He always gets booed and always will. Nothing to read here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

I was hoping Barney would win just to wipe the ridiculous smirk off Taylor's face but in the end Taylor was just too good.Could anybody have lived with that 3 dart average? Even if Barney upped his game Taylor probably would have found another gear as he usually does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Was the booing not for Dave Clarke, the Sky Sports presenter, when he walked on stage?? There's no reason for it. It's just a bit of fun and at this stage, tradition also.

In terms of the Ladbrokes girls, the dark haired girl was lovely and to be honest, i prefer brunettes. But the blonde won out for me. Jesus, she's incredible.
    Completely agree with the post about the ignorance of Mervyn King. Well out of order. I think he was trying to create an illusion of focus and intensity walking up to the stage, ala Roy Keane in the tunnel before walking out. But unlike Keane, his intensity just seemed forced and fake and he just came across as a bit of a tool. Delighted when he was beaten.

ye the blond one for me also. I had to pretend not to notice the girls with the gf sitting beside me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

King has got a place in the Premier League by getting to the semis here, that will help his ego no end:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

That and he's actually a very solid darts player, he'll do well in the PL

i still can see anastasia being one of the wild card

Anastasia and Mardle for Wildcard
    Taylor and Barney and King and Wade
    Terry Jenkins, John Part

If anastasia isnt invited (i can see it being done for marketing and promotion reasons)
    then lewis will probably be the other wild card

that said i'd love to see tabern or baxter involved for once, the PL is always a pretty predictable lineup, even the "wildcards"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Is it true Taylor mocked Barney by doing the same as Barney did 2 years ago by putting arms out and looking to the sky when he won it. Switched over once he hit the double so dont know.

I doubt it was mocking, they are good friends and practise together, but yes he did put his hands out and look to the sky

but if you had the reputation he has and hadnt won the title he supposedly made his own in almost 3 years, you'd be thanking god you won it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

If Anastasia gets a premier league spot I'm cancelling my Skysports subscription, getting a dog and I'll bring it for a 3 hour walk every Thursday instead.

Taylor was simply unstopable last night, although I do think 7-4 would have been a fairer result the winner would have still been the same. Barney was dissapointing and seemed to give up but who could blame him.

Some idiot(s) were whistling during double shots quite clearly last night although the crowd were better behaved since Mardle got knocked out.

Walk on girls, yes Nicola is lovely but they only get in the way, they should be on the players left so he can shake hands with the real crowd, don't like the blonde one, looks like she loves herself far too much, much prefer Nicola's girl next door look!

Overall not a great world championship,

Highlight - Baxter V Barney, games like this are why we watch darts, not Dobromoslova, not walk on girls, not to dance or dress up like Banana Man.

Lowlight - Sky's over hyping off Anastasia, like I said before nothing against her if she proves herself but it was a prelim match. Also the crowd but it seemed to get better once the so called great entertainer got hammered.

Interesting - Only 3 of the premier league guys made the quarter finals. The dutch made a big assault this year, players like Hamilton & Painter didn't make the impact they've been threatening to make.

The future - If Taylor's going to do a grand slam it'll be this year.

• Advertisement

Whats a grand slam???? he won every televised tournament this year didnt he? if thats not cleaning house i dont know what is

do you know who wouldnt be a bad wildcard into the premier league, paul nicholson, he was very good this year and with premier league type matches could go even better

throw an invite to Andy Forham for the premier league. That's what i'd do

syngindub wrote: »
    throw an invite to Andy Forham for the premier league. That's what i'd do
    would you really want to see a former great get bashed up every round?

i wouldnt be mad on the humiliation to be honest

true enough. It may destroy him altogether

probably put him back on the beer and pies

Is that technically the road to recovery for him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Whats a grand slam???? he won every televised tournament this year didnt he? if thats not cleaning house i dont know what is

do you know who wouldnt be a bad wildcard into the premier league, paul nicholson, he was very good this year and with premier league type matches could go even better

John Part won the worlds last year hence no grand slam for Taylor, you're right he won everything else, Nicholson wouldn't be a bad addition seeing as there's no bad boy like Manley for the crowd to jeer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

jesus lads,

just saw a picture of andy f, thought it was his son :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7765767.stm

thats some work he's done, good luck to the fella

I presume most of you seen the interview he did.
    He mentioned he's lost most of the strength in his arm now due to the weight loss and can't throw the darts like he used to. He should start doing some weights surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I would like to see Stompe get a wildcard place, hope to God it's not Mardel can't stand the sight of him and his comments after getting beat by Stompe won't have won him many fans either.

• Advertisement

Carrickman wrote: »
    I would like to see Stompe get a wildcard place, hope to God it's not Mardel can't stand the sight of him and his comments after getting beat by Stompe won't have won him many fans either.
    What was Mardle saying after the Stompe match?
    This year i have become a big fan of Stompe, like to see him also get a wildcard. His victory celebration is gas. The Karate Kid rocks

Advertisement