Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Championships 2009 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Latest odds on ladbrokes

P Taylor 4/11
    R van Barneveld 5/2
    J Wade 14/1
    M King 25/1

Might put a nice little wager on Barney. Wade and King no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

barney nine darter

when the first 180 went in, I was more concerned with the fact that they didn't have the scoreboard on the screen. Was this the only leg that didn't have the scoreboard on the screen?? Great Stuff though.

The Cameramen couldn't keep up with Klaasen's finishing either. funny at times.

:mad:
    Double Top wrote: »
    I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.The first match i miss and someone gets a nine darter, i have watch every match of this championship and i still miss the nine darter, this is the second time in a year this has happened (missed taylor's in the uk open aswell). :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Was really pissed off I missed when I missed that Taylor 9 Darter, I know how you're feeling right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Terrible first match and then Barney Magic
    What was his 3dart average Sky didn't show it or is only available for Taylor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Rebel021 wrote: »
    Terrible first match and then Barney Magic
    What was his 3dart average Sky didn't show it or is only available for Taylor
    True!!

Barneys 9 darter:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpvDImtpbtU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

That was the watch the nine darter was coming in because he was on 141 twice before he did it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Barneveld Average : 106.68

Taylor Average:108.80

Different game different opponent, Barneveld actually played a good game and talked a good game for once, whomever asked for the averages, there they are, Taylor better every time.

Taylor vs King: Good game, both up for it Taylor 6-2
    Barneveld vs Wade,Only god knows cos Wade could wallop him, I think Barneveld 6-3

Game On.

Barnie to win.I know that he is not the favourite but I have a feeling he will win.I think it will be best for the craic.Taylor is having unreal form.But I want Barnie to win!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

106.68 was his average

Raymond van Barneveld 5-1 Jelle Klaasen

37 - 100+ - 29
    22 - 140+ - 11
    10 - 180 - 6
    35.56 Ave1 31.76
    106.68 Ave3 95.28

161,141, 116x2 High Finish 107

• Advertisement

106.68 was his average

Raymond van Barneveld 5-1 Jelle Klaasen

37 - 100+ - 29
    22 - 140+ - 11
    10 - 180 - 6
    35.56 Ave1 31.76
    106.68 Ave3 95.28

161,141, 116x2 High Finish 107
    Who do you wanna win\?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Who do you wanna win\?

Not me I know but Taylor, big fan for the last 19 years

PR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

prendy wrote: »
    he's an ass. not giving klassen near the praise he deserves, there both playing unbelievable.

what is exquisite use of the 60 got to do with it?

Sid has been banging on about how bad klassens throw is and its not technical all flippin week....the guy is a former world champ and got to the quarters easy so he cant be that bad....Sid is a joke at this stage he is talking pure shyte and if it isnt taylor on stage he just slags the players off and talks about taylor anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yup well said Jay, he is an annoying clown at this stage. I ended up watching it on DSF in german as I couldnt listen to him anylonger.

Anyone notice on Barneys second throw he seemed to let his second dart fall from his grip and had regain his composure, threw the second dart perfectly.

I hope he can win it again, one of my favourite players in all the years I am watching darts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

lads..Barneveld wont beat Taylor if they both get to the final..Theres no point even thinking about it..Taylor FTW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lads I was watching the Lakeside on the BBC earlier and by jasus them lads are brutal. Honest to god some of them were averaging 20 - 25 throws to finish a leg. 100+ were as rare as flying pigs !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Yup well said Jay, he is an annoying clown at this stage. I ended up watching it on DSF in german as I couldnt listen to him anylonger.

Anyone notice on Barneys second throw he seemed to let his second dart fall from his grip and had regain his composure, threw the second dart perfectly.

I hope he can win it again, one of my favourite players in all the years I am watching darts.

Sid is a dose alright, watching BBC today, a player in Simms match must have went a good 3-4 feet to his right to hit 3rd dart into double 8, if taylor had done this, sid would be on about it for eternity:mad:

Also big Barney fan, love the cool relaxed way he throws, happy he is back to his old way of throwing as sid was always harping on about how he was copying taylors throw.

Taylor 6-3(maybe closer)
    Barney 6-4 (on last nights form it should end up 6-0, cant see wade playing that bad again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MyFathersGirl

BARNEY BARNEY BARNEY...legend:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Considering throwing a few quid on the total 180's in the Taylor V King match being over 12.5 @ 4/6.

What do ya'll think?

Buck_Naked wrote: »
    Considering throwing a few quid on the total 180's in the Taylor V King match being over 12.5 @ 4/6.

What do ya'll think?

looks good to me so does king +4.5@4/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

2/4 imo although the Stompe beating Taylor will benefit me as i had a small bet on Mervyn King @ 50s it just simply wont happen

Any chance Taylor not turning up due to traffic or and kind of strange paranormal activity

• Advertisement

Any chance Taylor not turning up due to traffic or and kind of strange paranormal activity

That's the only chance he's got

What are the odd's on Taylor getting a 9 darter tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Sid has been banging on about how bad klassens throw is and its not technical all flippin week....the guy is a former world champ and got to the quarters easy so he cant be that bad....Sid is a joke at this stage he is talking pure shyte and if it isnt taylor on stage he just slags the players off and talks about taylor anyway.

The point Sid was making is that the way Klassen goes off balance when he throws makes him less consistent than the likes of Barney and Taylor who stay perfectly still when they throw and both have consistently fluid throwing motions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

syngindub wrote: »

He'll bust himself trying after Barney last night. If Barney plays like that tonight it will make for a fantastic final with Taylor. I think Barney will lift his 6th world title tomorrow if he continues to play that way.

He'll bust himself trying after Barney last night. If Barney plays like that tonight it will make for a fantastic final with Taylor. I think Barney will lift his 6th world title tomorrow if he continues to play that way.

presuming both get to the final.....

Both Barney and Taylor should win each leg where they have the darts. It will boil down to who will miss the doubles. There won't be to many legs where either player will have 6 darts to win either leg or set. Who has the best averages on hitting the doubles up to this point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I think Barney has, not much in it though.

presuming both get to the final.....

With the greatest of respect for Wade and King, they are not playing good enough to take either Barney or Taylor.

PP are giving 9/2 on any nine dart finish in the Taylor V King match.

Buck_Naked wrote: »
    PP are giving 9/2 on any nine dart finish in the Taylor V King match.

Wow:eek:

might stick a tenner on it

• Advertisement

get 8/1 on betfair for a nine darter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

It's strange that the two players who won last night are out first tonight, nothing to do with the fact Taylor is playing I suppose:rolleyes:

Wade is playing very well. Looking strong so far in this first set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Carrickman wrote: »
    It's strange that the two players who won last night are out first tonight, nothing to do with the fact Taylor is playing I suppose:rolleyes:

If Taylor played first people would be complaining that he was being put on first so he could get a good nights sleep before the final.

2-2 Wade/RVB. Excellent match but Wades failings in the earlier rounds have come to the fore in the last set, and it'll be a comfortable victory for RVB from here in*

* hostage to fortune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Barney starting to up his game now .he should kick on from here. 2 legs up now and throwing to make it 4-3

Barney wins it 6-4.

Super stuff from Barney really looks good . King and taylors lets hope for more of the same

happy to see wade out, he tried his hardest there to slow Barney down, the amount of times he stopped to check score, like 21 from 203, real toughie.

Can see this next one been real close with hopefully King prevailing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

I see King is wearing ear plugs

• Advertisement

Trampas wrote: »
    I see King is wearing ear plugs
    He's been wearing these all tournament

Taylor is "All Shook Up", c'mon the King

C'mon Barney
    Taylor impressive tonight again
    Sneaking suspicion it will be like 2007

Lets Hope it is like 2007.Over 3 and half hrs of play.
    Hard to call it.My money is on Barney have backed him from the start.

ratinakeg wrote: »
    C'mon Barney
    Taylor impressive tonight again
    Sneaking suspicion it will be like 2007

I had a sneaking suspicion(only little one) it was a fix too at the time, might be way off the mark with that statement but a lot of people thought that at the time.

I will be happy with same result as 2007 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

what the bets phil will get a 9 darter.he said last night he wanted to get two!!("not because barney got one") yeah right he was trying like mad to go one better the barney.that rivelery makes for a great final.cant wait hope it goes the distence!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

im a taylor fan but barney at 11/4 is great odds and taylor wasnt paticularly good last night

jambofc wrote: »
    and taylor wasnt paticularly good last night
    Yes but he was feckin awsome the night before. It's going to be a long night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Yes but he was feckin awsome the night before. It's going to be a long night

cant wait :D

Watching a bit of the Lakeside Darts this morning. My God, the crowd are silent while the player takes a shot. I forgot that such etiquette existed in Darts. I know it's been said before but the crowd at the Ally Pally are a disgrace.

Taylor drove me mental last night. Was sticking two in the treble 20 and then going for treble 19 for a cover shot. Good darts I know but didn't do my wager any favours!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement