Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The garbage-man can...

Options
  • 08-12-2008 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Great start to the week...
    I was stationary in traffic this morning (left lane) and a rubbish truck drove up along side me in the right lane and turned right. Unfortunately, this tail clipped mine as he made the right turn. I put on my hazards and got out, but clearly he didn't notice and continued on around the corner and disappeared.
    It doesn't look too bad - he's lifted a good inch x half inch of the paint work off the bumper, good and deep though.
    I've been in touch with the council and their insurance people, who want a quote and will then decide to pay or not. I'm just beginning to think - there were no witnesses, he left the scene, it's my word against theirs - why would they pay.

Plus I'm hearing horror stories from colleagues that the bumper will need replacing (which has parking sensors) so I can't imagine it being cheap. :(

Anybody have any advice/similar experiences??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

did you take pics at the scene? I'd have followed him and pointed out the paint on his bumper that he took off my car if he'd argued it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was there a traffic camera anywhere near?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

steve06 wrote: »
    did you take pics at the scene? I'd have followed him and pointed out the paint on his bumper that he took off my car if he'd argued it!
    Nope, it was 8:10 this morning, and dark, so my phone wouldn't have handled it.
    I taught about following him when I got back into my car, but as I was in the left lane, it would have been awkard/dangerous to get around to follow him.
    Plus I wasn't really thinking straight. :(
    Was there a traffic camera anywhere near?
    Not that I'm aware of, it was the junction of the NCR and Annamoe Terrace in Dublin.

Advertisement