Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board Expectations

Options
  • 08-12-2008 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else find the board expectations ridiculous sometimes?
    I have a few examples.

In one month I beat Liverpool, United and Chelsea all away from home and put myself 8 points clear at the top. Yet the bored had low confidence in me because I drew 1-1 away from home with Villareal in the Champions Cup when a draw was all I needed to qualify.

Last night I won the Premiership with two games to spare which were against Stoke and Sunderland. So basically put out a reserve side to keep my players rested for the FA Cup final against Chelsea. Lost the Stoke game and won the Sunderland game and the Board are concerned about my results?!

I signed Miguel Veloso from Sporting in January aswell as Brek Shea from Dallas.
    Veloso went straight into the first team as planned and I only bought Shea as a Reserve team player who could cover if I was really desperate. Infact I pointed out he would be a reserve player in his contract negotiations.
    Now the bored are worried about his signing as they don't think it has been a good one even though he has consistently been putting in man of the match contributions for the reserves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

They always come up with something of concern no matter how well things are going. I just ignore it unless they get to the disappointed stage with how things are going overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

In one of my old Boro games I started the season winning 2, drawing 2 and losing 1 - if this happened in RL then everyone would be singing Southgates praises. But yet the board tell me I should be fairing better in the league!!!

Another game I some how came second with Boro in my first season and after about a dozen games in my second season I was in 6th position and had the board giving me a vote of confidence. Its like they forget about all you've done for the club and the fact that the club wouldn't be were they are now if it wasn't for you. And everyone knows that Steve Gibson is the last chairman in the league to put any kind of pressure on his manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

I know its the Board that matter, but the fans are the same. I'm Liverpool, I beat Chelsea in FA Cup final, fans confidence of the match was Full, beat Utd in CL Final the next game on Penalties 21-20(thats another thing) and the fans were only half Happy!!!!

They have got to sort out the Penalties in the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Sevenie wrote: »
    I know its the Board that matter, but the fans are the same. I'm Liverpool, I beat Chelsea in FA Cup final, fans confidence of the match was Full, beat Utd in CL Final the next game on Penalties 21-20(thats another thing) and the fans were only half Happy!!!!

They have got to sort out the Penalties in the next update.

+1 I beat Everton like 13-12 or something in the FA Cup...

The fan confidence annoys me aswell. I can beat Wigan 1-0 at home through a scrappy goal and they'll be happier than if I beat United Away 3-0.
    It's ridiculous...

And now the board just went over my head and sold Denilson to Chelsea for 10 million, claiming it was too good an offer.
    And I'd sold Song in January so my only defensive mid left is Veloso.

Fecking board...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Happens to the best of us. Tom Hicks started selling players above my head, but he sold the club to another group and they don't interfere in any of my transfers so happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭omgiluvxmas

hilarious glitch in fm 07. playing as Bohs and leeds i think offered ''0'' for JP Kelly.

The board accepted on my behalf citing ''the offer was too good to turn down''

And now they accepted a 7.5 million offer from Pompey from Rosicknote because it was 'too good an offer' :rolleyes:
    Fair enough he was being kept out of the team by Nasri, but he still got a fairly decent amount of game time.

Have a feeling there gonna accept an offer Real have put in for Eboue, I'd be willing to accept it myself but there's noother players that can cover RB and RM like he can...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Frisbee wrote: »
    Have a feeling there gonna accept an offer Real have put in for Eboue, I'd be willing to accept it myself but there's noother players that can cover RB and RM like he can...

Go for Davide Santon, you get him cheap enough and he can cover all the right side and is unreal. The fans think he's a great signing too, only a young lad. But top top class...

I'm playing with Arsenal too and the board havent come near me with anything although their confidence in me is somewhat negligable seeing as Im performing above expectations! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Go for Davide Santon, you get him cheap enough and he can cover all the right side and is unreal. The fans think he's a great signing too, only a young lad. But top top class...

I'm playing with Arsenal too and the board havent come near me with anything although their confidence in me is somewhat negligable seeing as Im performing above expectations! :rolleyes:

Yeah I have Santon, great player, really wips hte crosses in. I have got to say the Board really leaves me alone too, not sold anyone above my head, but then again I'm nearly 1/2M under my wk Salary budget and not spend a lot on players. Had 30M left over last year and NO that didn't leave it to me plus this years budget. The most I spent on a player is 12.5M on Balotelle, sweet player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Sevenie wrote: »
    Yeah I have Santon, great player, really wips hte crosses in. I have got to say the Board really leaves me alone too, not sold anyone above my head, but then again I'm nearly 1/2M under my wk Salary budget and not spend a lot on players. Had 30M left over last year and NO that didn't leave it to me plus this years budget. The most I spent on a player is 12.5M on Balotelle, sweet player.

Santon looks amazing, but he doesn't turn out that great. There is a wonderkid right back though which you can get for 200,000 in the second season. Would get on any of the top teams in the game.

The board generally left me alone until they accepted these two transfers over my head.
    I mean I performed above expectations last year and I'm way way waaay below my wage budget.
    Stupid lack of available top class DM's...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

^ Most importantly, hows the bank balance?

If its in a healthy state, then the boards going ahead with the transfers is just bizarre. A bug maybe...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

When you start in the Blue Square South the board are pretty easily pleased. I recommend it as opposed to this cowardly management of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea. Earn it for crying out loud :p

SofaK wrote: »
    ^ Most importantly, hows the bank balance?

If its in a healthy state, then the boards going ahead with the transfers is just bizarre. A bug maybe...

It only dipped once, and that was in November. We have a huge surplus.
    Im thinking bug aswell...

I think I must just have a buggy game.
    I offered 72million for Yaya Toure and was rejected.
    65 for Flamini and was rejected.
    And now Roma just told me they want 116 million for Aquilini!!!

Advertisement