Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just want to say that...

Options
  • 08-12-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

There are few things in life as pleasurable as telling a particularly obnoxious customer to p*ss off and to stop annoying you. Even in these recessionary times some customers are just not worth the aggravation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

......did you though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I certainly did and it felt very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, report to the managers office...

biko wrote: »
    OP, report to the managers office...

Thankfully, I'm my own boss and the only person I'm accountable to is myself. The staff member who originally took the brunt of the abuse was delighted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Gyalist wrote: »
    Thankfully, I'm my own boss and the only person I'm accountable to is myself. The staff member who originally took the brunt of the abuse was delighted too.

Can you go into detail. I love tales where self righteous consumers realize their place in the food chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Oh, I do love those rare occurences.

Was there one of those gorgeous "I want to speak to the manager"..."I am the manager" moments? They're the best.

shellyboo wrote: »
    Oh, I do love those rare occurences.

Was there one of those gorgeous "I want to speak to the manager"..."I am the manager" moments? They're the best.

Even better. She thought that I was the security guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

more details please!!

Can you go into detail. I love tales where self righteous consumers realize their place in the food chain.

Two Thursdays ago a customer bought a top which she returned the following Saturday looking for a refund on the grounds "that she didn't quite like it when she tried it on at home." Normally, I'm quite relaxed about these things even though a customer isn't strictly allowed a refund on those grounds. I do it for the goodwill and the fact that a dissatisfied customer would probably tell all their friends... Anyway, on this occasion inside the neck of the top was covered in a thick brown gunk (looked like a combination of fake tan and makeup) and it reeked of deodorant and perfume yet the customer was insistent that she hadn't worn it. This went on for a while and some tears were shed but the manager still refused the refund.

I wasn't around last week but last Monday the customer's mother came in looking for a refund and she too was refused. She came back again during the busiest time in the shop last Saturday and created a racket (probably hoping that she'd embarass the manager into giving her the refund) but was again refused.

The manager was telling me about the incident this morning and no sooner had she finished than the mother arrived. I allowed the manager to deal with her but in the end the situation looked like it was going to get out of hand so I stepped in. She harangued me for a minute and told me that her sister was a solicitor and that she was going to take it further. Upon which I handed her my card. She then flipped completely so I had to tell her where to go. I reckon her daughter wasn't going to remain a customer any longer so there was no need for me to hold back as I had nothing to gain.

It sure felt good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think I can smell petrol. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

thanks for that OP gave me a good chuckle

Advertisement