Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using 2g signal with 3 ireland?

• 08-12-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

i have heard that if you put a 3 sim into a 2g phone (and if it works) that 3 send u a warning to stop using a non 3 phone( as you arnt capable of utilizing 3g, so in effect you are using vodafone as they provide 2g coverage for 3).

question is, i have an iphone 3g, and in work the 3g signal is only 1 bar, however if i go into settings and turn 3g off, i get 3 bars, and the little 3g logo goes..which i assume means im using a voda signal through 3..so if i keep doing this are 3 likely to cut me off or warn me etc etc? as well as having a better signal i also get better battery life..

i dont think there is any way 3 would know that im choosing not to use their network(even tho it is available -1 bar-) to make receive calls while at work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

cojomo2 wrote: »
    i have heard that if you put a 3 sim into a 2g phone (and if it works) that 3 send u a warning to stop using a non 3 phone( as you arnt capable of utilizing 3g, so in effect you are using vodafone as they provide 2g coverage for 3).

question is, i have an iphone 3g, and in work the 3g signal is only 1 bar, however if i go into settings and turn 3g off, i get 3 bars, and the little 3g logo goes..which i assume means im using a voda signal through 3..so if i keep doing this are 3 likely to cut me off or warn me etc etc? as well as having a better signal i also get better battery life..

i dont think there is any way 3 would know that im choosing not to use their network(even tho it is available -1 bar-) to make receive calls while at work?
    No 3 wont text you, this was true of 3uk but 3 now sell sim only cards so they dont control what phone you are using, just be aware 3 have turned off roaming with vodafone in some parts of the country so you might have to turn on the 3g if your getting no signal.

Advertisement