Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P1 exam- What did you think ?

• 08-12-2008 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Well. just out, how did you all get on ? ? ?
    Q1 A - Tickers model - completely luckboxed this,:D
    A girl beside me was studying this before we went in & I thought ffs - learned Shanes pneumonic 20 minues before going in and remembered 4 of the 5 Q's but couldnt think of the R - for 'Right' ... still 8 oout of 10 if i am lucky
    Q1 B - Strategic & Operational Risk - expected grand !!!
    Q1 C - 2 statements 8 marks each, 1 for keeping the technology and 1 for licensing. He threw in pristine captial from GOA, for no real reason - i did mention that the company main objective was to maximise shareholder wealth so... anyways did enough.

Q1 D Voluntary & Mandatatory (6marks) waffled through it
    Q1 D (ii) 4 marks how Voluntary benefits shareholder - i just waffled on about CSR benefiting reputation, thus creating more customers, thus increasing dividend & share price.

Q2 A - Risk Mgt committee - did enough
    Q2 B - TARA - alright

Q3 A - used SPECT fror objectives of IC (5 marks)
    Q3 - Internal Audit thrown in as well, expected...
    The rest alright Adv & Disadv of NEDS ...

All in all, hopeful of getting a pass - out the door now to Independent college library to study for tomorrow!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Hey,

Overall thought twas pretty ok. Fairly broad questions.

The only problem I had was the TARA model question. Didn't have a clue what to do for this. Never heard it of it abbreviated to TARA before. Anyway, hope it won't come down to that question. 50 will do.

Cheers

Advertisement