Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heskey or Podalski

Options
  • 08-12-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Realising that in reality as with most of the waffle assosiated with Spurs, neither of these will come good but with the linking of Spurs to Heskey

(denied here by Arry - http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4610038,00.html)

and it being pretty much accepted by Bayern that Podalski should be leaving either in Jan or over the summer here

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4610347,00.html

the question is this, who would you prefer.

I personally really don't care about Heskey's much talked about international form, just ask David Healy and I think as far as being a prem player is concerned it is not too difficult for a mediocre player to stand out in a pack of below par players again just ask Andrew Johnson or Craig Bellamy.

With Podalski coming up on the transfer market I do remember back in summer we were heavily linked with him. Now granted I don't value international form too much but you can see when he plays for Germany technically he is a much better player with good vision reguarless of form being kept out of the Bayern squad by top players AND can play on the much debated never truely claimed left of midfield.

Anyone else got an opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd go for Podolski. He's younger, and fair enough would take time to adapt to the PL but he has more potential than Heskey, who will never get any better than where he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Podolski for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It would be idiocy to go for Heskey over Podolski. Saying that, I wouldn't mind Heskey on the bench if we got him for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

OWEN. that is all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

podolski.

too many reasons to list

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

keane=cock wrote: »
    podolski.

too many reasons to list
    How Bout Podolski Vs ArseShavin?:eek:
    But of course the way things are looking it could be Bullard Vs Parker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

John W wrote: »
    How Bout Podolski Vs ArseShavin?:eek:
    But of course the way things are looking it could be Bullard Vs Parker!

i like bullard he is a class act but i am not too sure he is the type of midfielder we need where as parker could add that bit of mean streak n tough tackling our midfield need to tighen up on.
    check this link for example: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e46TATx0SLI

as for arshavin im not too sure. we all know he had a great last season in the uefa and in the euro tournament but im not totally sold on him to be honest as i wasnt with pav, who is bound to suffer burn out being half way through his season on joining us!
    i like podolski. he is lighening fast and a great finisher. will we get either though?????

Advertisement