Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any legit charities that collect ?

Options
  • 08-12-2008 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am leaving the country very soon and have been trying to donate a large amount of clothes and shoes and books (all in great condition) to a legitimate charity, however, none that I have called want to collect. The charities say I will get the sticker through the door scenario but I have never received them. Unfortunately I am not privy to any kind of transport otherwise I would of course drop them down myself. Can anyone put me in touch with a legitimate charity who does collect and would actually like to take these items off my hands. I have heard about the places that are not real charities and end up selling on people's donations and I would like to avoid these. Any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Can you name some of the charities you have tried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AndoC

St Vincent de Paul, Barnardos, Enable Ireland. These are the main ones that I know who are reputable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Did you try Oxfam??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

only two chairitys in Ireland collect door to door in Ireland afaik, the rest are not legit

Why not load a 6 seater taxi with your stuff and bring it to a charity shop?

Advertisement