Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Santa Strike Force

• 08-12-2008 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks with Christmas being a time for giving to those less fortunate, the Santa Strike Force charity is going full steam ahead again. Already charliemchugh has organised for a group of us to throw a few quid in to donate a present.

A lot of other forums are doing things as well, from auctioning off the bar in BGRH to letting serial predator Snyper mod the Ladies Lounge for a week.

After Hours now has a thread entitled Challenge a Boardsie. Basically you ask a poster to do something and if they do it you donate a few quid to the cause.

I have been challenged to display the below image as my sig for a week and am more than happy to do so. If anyone else would like to contribute something, even a fiver, then just post here.

Sig -

phppzhib9amjk1.jpg

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,448 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fup it - i'll throw some money in tonight.

I'll also leave myself open for a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ok folks with Christmas being a time for giving to those less fortunate, the Santa Strike Force charity is going full steam ahead again. Already charliemchugh has organised for a group of us to throw a few quid in to donate a present.

A lot of other forums are doing things as well, from auctioning off the bar in BGRH to letting serial predator Snyper mod the Ladies Lounge for a week.

After Hours now has a thread entitled Challenge a Boardsie. Basically you ask a poster to do something and if they do it you donate a few quid to the cause.

I have been challenged to display the below image as my sig for a week and am more than happy to do so. If anyone else would like to contribute something, even a fiver, then just post here.

Sig -

phppzhib9amjk1.jpg

Cheers.
    Legendary Xavi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Des would you be interested in partaking?

delaney_161376t.jpg

As your sig

Des would you be interested in partaking?

delaney_161376t.jpg

As your sig
    I have challenged Xavi with changing his name till Xmas Eve to I <3 GuanYin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

it's too big

Could I recommend a different picture?

Look at the cut of Delaney in this pic

P1010071.JPG

Des wrote: »
    it's too big

Could I recommend a different picture?

Look at the cut of Delaney in this pic

P1010071.JPG

I tried to get the goofiest pic possible of him. But yeah if you can sort another then by all means.

I think you should do one for Al.

My Challenge and he will accept if we raise some funds!

so I am in for 20 euro:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055436350

Lads.

I'd really like to participate, but I cannot commit to paying out any more money.

I was made redundant in the Summer, and am currently working at near minimum wage, so I'm on an absolute shoestring at the minute.

Apologies.

Des wrote: »
    Lads.

I'd really like to participate, but I cannot commit to paying out any more money.

I was made redundant in the Summer, and am currently working at near minimum wage, so I'm on an absolute shoestring at the minute.

Apologies.

That's no bother.

Will you display a sig if people donate for you to do so? That in itself is contributing.

Of course.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

So if I pledge another tenner to the SSF fund I could suggest that Des put oh, I dunno, a Dundalk FC crest in his Sig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So if I pledge another tenner to the SSF fund I could suggest that Des put oh, I dunno, a Dundalk FC crest in his Sig?

Yeh i'll throw in a few quid... myself, DeVore and a few others from the poker forum raised a good bit for SSF with a tournament a while back

(I beat Dev for the title, I'd say he still remembers, I got fairly lucky hehe)

I don't see why not. Do up a little crest and stick it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Stick me down for 5 notes, if it will get you to admit the fact that you have an eBoner for GY. :pac:

I'd like to contribute but tbh I'm runnin very very low on money with xmas and a few other things comin up.

I'd be willing to display a sig or something though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

can i pay for access to the soccer mods forum for a week? :)

I'd like to contribute but tbh I'm runnin very very low on money with xmas and a few other things comin up.

Surely you have a spare fiver! Sure that wouldn't even get you a scoop in town.
    Mr Alan wrote: »

Lol never gonna happen, especially after what DeV said in Feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Lol never gonna happen, especially after what DeV said in Feedback.

Agreed, is bad enough that we have let xavi in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ill donate €100 if reckless wears an arsenal jersey to the next spurs home game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Helix wrote: »
    ill donate €100 if reckless wears an arsenal jersey to the next spurs home game

Will you pay my for my funeral as well? I'm not kidding by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ill throw in a tenner towards that

Cruijff wrote: »
    My Challenge and he will accept if we raise some funds!

so I am in for 20 euro:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055436350
    Stick me down for 5 notes, if it will get you to admit the fact that you have an eBoner for GY. :pac:

Money please yis bastards

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Surely you have a spare fiver! Sure that wouldn't even get you a scoop in town.

true, but I'm also special and don;t know how to use paypal. :o

Like I said, willing to humiliate myself for the cause though.

Ah boo-urns. Look at my profile. LOOK AT IT!!! Crap name changes, a feckin heart and denouncing my team. The shame.

{(-_-)}HeadShoT** has kindly lashed in a tenner

could be worse, u could be a City fan....oh wait!!!

Come up with something for me and Ill do it, they can just pay you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

If someone wants to donate some money I could become a Madridista for the next week or so, which would include me 'supporting' them for the Clasico. :pac:

Money please yis bastards

Will a paypal to your good self suffice, or just a paypal to the SSF, with a note attached that it is in support of your appeal?

Direct to SSF would be best. Cut out the middleman

Pass us on that Paypal email address, and i'll hit it up.