Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy wipers?

Options
  • 08-12-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

I normally use micksgarage.ie but fomr some reason they don't stock driver side wipers for the cars we have (Reanult). Can anyone recommend a shop or website where I can get Valeo or Bosch wipers at non extortionate prices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭techdiver

Halfords have a very good selection of both own brand and bosch wipers at a decent price (€20 -€25 or so)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Autozone. http://www.team.ie and they have shops around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Some Renault blades appear to be only available from the main dealer. I was looking for a rear one for a Megane Coupé a while back and that was the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭UsedtobePC

Anan1 wrote: »
    Some Renault blades appear to be only available from the main dealer. I was looking for a rear one for a Megane Coupé a while back and that was the case.

That's true also in the case of the Laguna but Valeo wipers are fitted by default on the front. It's just a matter of finding somewhere that will stock them.

Halfords is the shop I'm trying to avoid as €25 for ONE standard wiper is a rip off considering how up to now I'd been able to source both driver and passenger wipers for €30 incl delivery. (That price applied to Valeo Silencio wipers with spoiler)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

got bulbs on this site before and found them good, they also do wipers and worldwide delivery is free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have you tried German Swedish French car parts?

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

They have a place in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 tytlak

there is an auto parts shop in Dundrum, I think on windy arbour, bought bosch wipers (quick plus) for a mere 8 euro a pop :pac: and they do their job pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BrokenSpiral

I've always used Bosch blades and usually find a good deal on ebay.
    You'll find a pair of blades specifically for your car and they are far cheaper on ebay (even including postage) then you'll get in halfords and much better quality!

Cheers lads. I found this place also www.wiperblades.co.uk. They have a nice selection and the prices including delivery were still cheaper than Halfords. And they also stock the wipers for the back that in Irl are only available through the dealer.

Will have a look on eBay to see if I can find them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 tytlak

Auto Care /
    8 Olive Mount Tce Dundrum D 14 Dublin Dundrum_Dublin
    (01)2605530

that's the one I've been talking about, good, cheap and on high street

tytlak wrote: »
    Auto Care /
    8 Olive Mount Tce Dundrum D 14 Dublin Dundrum_Dublin
    (01)2605530

that's the one I've been talking about, good, cheap and on high street

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

UsedtobePC wrote: »
    Cheers lads. I found this place also www.wiperblades.co.uk. They have a nice selection and the prices including delivery were still cheaper than Halfords. And they also stock the wipers for the back that in Irl are only available through the dealer.

Will have a look on eBay to see if I can find them

I used them before and found them very good. ;)

Advertisement