Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anti freeze - is it worth it ??

Options
  • 08-12-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Toyota Carina 97. Takes 2 or 3 attempts to start in the morning ( not surprisingly these mornings ). I am afraid obviously that it will not start at all. Do I need a new battery or will adding a bit of anti freeze help ?
    Also, a few wee electrical problems like alarm going off 4/5 minutes after activation etc even though doors etc all closed properly ?
    Same seems to happen with the indicators, they stop flashing internmitingly. Checked fuses and they are fine. Could the cold cause some sort of temporary shorting in the electrics ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,991 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Antifreeze is not only 'worth it', its essential really, and your cooling system will already contain it. It won't assist with this problem, however.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Toyota Carina 97. Takes 2 or 3 attempts to start in the morning ( not surprisingly these mornings ). I am afraid obviously that it will not start at all. Do I need a new battery or will adding a bit of anti freeze help ?
    Also, a few wee electrical problems like alarm going off 4/5 minutes after activation etc even though doors etc all closed properly ?
    Same seems to happen with the indicators, they stop flashing internmitingly. Checked fuses and they are fine. Could the cold cause some sort of temporary shorting in the electrics ??

Get your battery checked/replaced..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

is it petrol or diesel?

Advertisement