Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kite Surfing

Options
  • 08-12-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I am thinking of getting some lessons in Kite surfing. Do any one know some good places to get lessons...?

I ahve looked into,
    www.puremagic.ie/
    http://www.kiteboardingireland.com/

Do anyone have any experience with any schools... There is only so much you can learn from a website.

Thanks in advance.
    Peter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 squeeba

Peter depends where your based or where you want the lessons. We have a kite school in the northwest based in sligo www.LSDKiteboarding.com

Not blowing our own trumpet but we offer one of the highest levels of tuition and professionalism in the country. If you are based in Dublin i would highly recommend Puremagic kitesurfing in clontarf as they are also one of the top schools with a very high level of tuition and professionalism.

for a list of Irish kitesurfing Association approved kitesurfign schools go to www.iksa.ie and there is a list of approved schools around the country.

Good luck with this new sport, you'll never look back :D Best decision i ever made!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mefain

padair wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am thinking of getting some lessons in Kite surfing. Do any one know some good places to get lessons...?

I ahve looked into,
    www.puremagic.ie/
    http://www.kiteboardingireland.com/

Do anyone have any experience with any schools... There is only so much you can learn from a website.

Thanks in advance.
    Peter.
    It's really very cool and there are a number of schools throughout Ireland. There is a truly brilliant school in Clontarf, North Dublin and the instructors have competed world wide. They run courses to suit your experience. They can even give you the equipment you need i.e. harness, helmet kite etc you only have to provide swim wear. Their classes start up in MARCH and run until NOVEMBER. If you have any experience of kite flying on land, beach buggy etc it will all help and should effectively reduce your lesson time. You should expect to pay around 225 euro for a 3 hour session

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Have a good look around kitesurf.ie and kitesurfing.ie. I myself started off with Puremagic and found them great. It was a 2 day course and set me up nicely.

I hear the boys over in LSD are excellent so you don't necessarily need to trek across the country if you are based out there..

Do a bit of a look around before you try it out. It's a great sport. I myself am up and going 12 months now and am loving it, even in the cold winter weather.

If you are serious about taking it up, be careful around this time of year, conditions can be pretty gusty and dangerous and can turn quick enough. Have a few lessons to get your confidence up. If you are buying gear, it can be no harm to have a lesson with your new gear to make sure you are comfortable with all the safeties etc (particularly if you wait a few weeks between your first set of lessons and getting gear).

After that enjoy!

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

D.S. wrote: »
    Have a good look around kitesurf.ie and kitesurfing.ie. I myself started off with Puremagic and found them great. It was a 2 day course and set me up nicely.

I hear the boys over in LSD are excellent so you don't necessarily need to trek across the country if you are based out there..

Do a bit of a look around before you try it out. It's a great sport. I myself am up and going 12 months now and am loving it, even in the cold winter weather.

If you are serious about taking it up, be careful around this time of year, conditions can be pretty gusty and dangerous and can turn quick enough. Have a few lessons to get your confidence up. If you are buying gear, it can be no harm to have a lesson with your new gear to make sure you are comfortable with all the safeties etc (particularly if you wait a few weeks between your first set of lessons and getting gear).

After that enjoy!

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Cheers,

I think I will be going with pure magic when they open up again. I am looking forward to it. I have been talking about doing it for far too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

padair wrote: »
    Cheers,

I think I will be going with pure magic when they open up again. I am looking forward to it. I have been talking about doing it for far too long.

Goodstuff - you won't regret. Take it slow would be the best advice I could give. Don't go out in conditions beyound your limits. You'll improve quick enough and will be able to go out in more diverse conditions..

• Advertisement
Advertisement