Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quadrant Shower Door Problem

Options
  • 08-12-2008 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

My plumber mounted my shower tray onto the wall and the tiles were tiled up to the rim of the tray. This has resulted in the tray that was a 900 X 900 quadrant being reduced to 875 X 875.

The door that matches the tray only adjusts down to 880

I have been told if I get another door (seen one that adjusts from 855 to 885) if it is not the same brand of the tray it might not fit

the shop that I have bought the tray have no doors suitable to match the tray

Any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kitser

have you triedto install it yet. i have installed many, in some cases you can set the frame more to the inside of the tray than recommended, or add a small packer to the back of the wall jams. a good fitter will find a way to make it work.

sorry. meant to say 'move the frame further to the outside edge of the tray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 erato

i have not installed it yet
    they will not return it if I take it out of the box!!
    Might just tell the fitter to try his best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I have fitted dozens of these in brand new housing estates and most usually go smoothly.

In extreme cases I have had to cut (With an angle grinder) down in width the profiles to make a few more mm room. As the profile that is mounted onto the wall is a male part, it will be pushed into the female slot and not be seen. so thats the part that can be cut.

But if you have not installed it yet Take it back . Un opened.

if it is only 5mm from the spec . You might just get away with it just fitting it without any mods.

Another thing to check for. Sometimes tillers kick out the bottom tile near yours shower tray . Where the rim is. That may be the only bad spot.

I guess your plumber fitted the tray to the wall stud before it was slabbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 erato

yep he mounted to the wall stud

fitter got it to work by cutting down a bit

thanks for all the help

Advertisement