Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

People are Crazy

Options
  • 08-12-2008 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

I am constantly being surprised by drivers with their antics.

I was travelling along minding my own business and unconciously checking my mirrors when I spotted something odd happen in the rear view mirror.

The 06 Megane(with fogs and sidelights on :P)slammed into the crash barrier with its front wing, mangling it to pieces and smashing the mirror into a million pieces, and tore the door up along the side of it.

The car veered sideways and the driver held onto it and straightened it up. I slowed down to pull over and go back and check if they were all ok, shock and all.

He didnt stop. He had many opportunities to pull over and stop but didnt bother. I was taking a left about 15kms up the road and slowed in the filter lane to see the mangled mess pass me by all torn up to pieces.

Seriously, WTF is up with people.

BTW, It was man with his wife(I presume) and two kids in baby seats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Wife must have been giving him shít. Bet that shut her up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Megane, eh. Probably didn't hit the barrier hard enough to notice - just enough to mangle a Renault!

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

I was travelling along minding my own business and unconciously checking my mirrors .

Did you dream this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That barrier is there for a good reason. There is a massive drop behind it.

People get depressed around the holidays. Maybe he was finding an easy way out. :eek:

beerbaron wrote: »
    Did you dream this ?

Pet hate of mine are them mirrors. I also check my handbrake is down for no apparent reason even after hours of driving. Weirdo. :D

I cannot understand how people can drive along with their mirrors folded inwards. Beggars belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Pet hate of mine are them mirrors. I also check my handbrake is down for no apparent reason even after hours of driving. Weirdo. :D

I cannot understand how people can drive along with their mirrors folded inwards. Beggars belief.

Me too! Sometimes I "re-gear" as well, as in take the stick out of fifth gear and put it back into fifth, when I've been driving for a while... I think deep down we're all a li'l bit OCD!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Me too! Sometimes I "re-gear" as well, as in take the stick out of fifth gear and put it back into fifth, when I've been driving for a while...

I thought I was the only one who did that!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I had a lovely experience with an absolutely stupid **** today on the M50. Was headign northbound and went into the slip to go off at Tallaght. There has always been a full lane between the on ramp from Knocklyon and the off ramp for Tallaght. Anyway, just before the hatchings dissapeare and turn into the barrier and embankment between the off ramp and the main carriageway this ****ign retarded cow in an OY reg (I'm nearly sure) silver Corsa ( again not 100%) with L plates veers across as late as I've ever seen any idiot do it and I've seen quite a few.

It was so late if fact that I didnt see her till she was alongside and about 3/4 of a car lenght in front of me. I came that close to hittign her after I slammed on the brakes that if I had been in my own Zntia instead of happening to be in my mothers Clio, the extra few inches in lenght and width would have meant I'd hit her.

The stupid bitch never even looked to the side to see did I end up in the embankment or even brake. She just continued up the off ramp, without a wave or a flash of the hazards or anythign, to the lights taking up position in the right of the 3 lanes (the one that only goes towards town. I was trying to pull alongside her to let he know what she did because she seemed oblivious to the whole thing when she pulls back across the lanes to go back down onto the M50:rolleyes:. So I beeped her and threw my hands up to say wtf? and she gives me the finger:confused:.

So if anyone knows this absolute danger of a "driver" can you let her know what a ****ing moron she is. She was blonde and wearing a pink jumper btw.

Stekelly,

I must confess I did this to somebody coming out of Blanchardstown a few weeks back.

Me, being a cultchie Dublin standards, well I was coming down the onramp onto the dual towards the M50 and the road suddenly went from two lanes to no lanes without a word of warning. I had to make a decision, make the space in front of the jeep or hit the barrier. I figured I could make the gap(just), however, with that decision I was set but its a shame Icould not let the other driver know. He got a massive fright.

I bet she didnt even notice or care.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Berty wrote: »
    Stekelly,

I must confess I did this to somebody coming out of Blanchardstown a few weeks back.

Me, being a cultchie Dublin standards, well I was coming down the onramp onto the dual towards the M50 and the road suddenly went from two lanes to no lanes without a word of warning. I had to make a decision, make the space in front of the jeep or hit the barrier. I figured I could make the gap(just), however, with that decision I was set but its a shame Icould not let the other driver know. He got a massive fright.

I bet she didnt even notice or care.

She knew what she was doing though (maybe not that I was there but the action itself), she was on the main carriageway and thought she was missign her exit so decided to dive for it ,god forbid she would have to continue the extra 1/4 mile to Ballymount and go around. Better to try run someone off the road instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Me, being a cultchie Dublin standards, well I was coming down the onramp onto the dual towards the M50 and the road suddenly went from two lanes to no lanes without a word of warning.
    No lanes at all? That'd be a dead-end, surely?

It was a slip road plus a bus lane. The bus lane took over the slip lane and the slip lane was ended quickly by a temporary barrier.

There was no suitable signage to advise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,995 ✭✭✭✭L1011

aoibhebree wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one who did that!! :D

You're not, and I've found I'm getting worse at it since I got a six speed :o

MYOB wrote: »
    You're not, and I've found I'm getting worse at it since I got a six speed :o

Imagine the Lexus ISF with eight gears.

lexus-isf1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

This is what happens when f**kwits decide at the very last minute that they don't want to be on the off ramp but back on the M50. Thanks to one c*&t who didn't hang around, a punto and a golf were bollixed and the landrover discovery I was behind almost flipped (great recovery from being up on 2 wheels).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

skibum wrote: »
    This is what happens when f**kwits decide at the very last minute that they don't want to be on the off ramp but back on the M50. Thanks to one c*&t who didn't hang around, a punto and a golf were bollixed and the landrover discovery I was behind almost flipped (great recovery from being up on 2 wheels).

Hope that's not your car :(

If it is, I hope you're ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

tywy wrote: »
    Hope that's not your car :(

If it is, I hope you're ok!

It is, or was, I'm OK but the girl driving the punto got a bang on her head but is OK. The first I knew of anything wrong was when the Discovery suddenly veered to the right (up on his left hand side wheels with the right hand side wheels in the air) bearly got "what the fu...." when I saw what he was trying to avoid, a stationary punto........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I was driving by a local school recently which is on a hill, where there are protruding islands on both sides of the road in a few places which narrows the road to one lane to slow traffic. Of course there are stop lines on the road with huge Yield letters for one lane of traffic, to let one car through at a time.

I had right of way and proceeded to head through the single lane inbetween two islands, when JUST before I reached them, this kn0bend was hurtling down the hill towards me and i started saying out loud "hes not gonna stop, hes not gonna stop" and jammed on the brakes for this gob****e to come flying through in his civic and missed my bonnet by about 6 inches! Not only that, some other kn0bend came flying past me in his Focus about 3 seconds later doing the exact same thing!

It was one of those moments where you are absolutely enraged, I started banging on the horn and even 5-6 seconds later I started banging it again, I was furious, I almost wish one of them did hit me as I would have turned straight around and gone after them. I crawled up the hill through the rest of the islands and there was a group of people there who had obviously seen what happened and heard all the commotion.

I NEVER get road rage beyond thinking someone was an arse or the like, but I was ready to turn around and ram them off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I don't know whats up with Irish drivers these days but they seem to be getting worse and worse... I've seen two accidents the last week, my friends mam was mashed up by a truck.. broke a 3rd of the bones in her body, all because he decided to take a turn and didn't look to see if the was any cars comming. Saw a women cut in front of a guy today who had to jam on, was inches away from hitting her. Cought up with her later, no belt on drinking a can of coke and smoking. 3 kids in the back, no belts on, one should have been in a child seat and the other two on boosters... I've had countless numbers of cars drift on top of me along the M50 the last two weeks.. and on my way home from Trim last sat in the heaviest fog I've ever seen I still see people with no fog lights on, driving with there full beams, over taking and driving far too fast for the conditions.. It was -4 out and damn heavy fog... Its only 1 night out of 356, take it easy FFS... Reason I started this rant is there's an accident on the estuary road in malahide, its closed off and my GF can't get in to open her montessori...

Rant over...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

quarryman wrote: »
    Wife must have been giving him shít. Bet that shut her up.

win!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am starting to get too scared to drive on the motorway, i have seen the most awful driving but Dublin City is just as bad but at least you are going about 20 kph in the city, you are going get as mangled crawling along in traffic (i hope)!

i had a man get out of his car and started screaming at me on Butt Bridge because he pulled out in front of me with out indicating missed me by millmeters - i beeped him to let him know i was there.

a bus on dorset street nearly creamed me out of it this morning, pulled out of the bus lane without looking in his mirrors, there i was tutering along and the next thing in know this bus is an angels breath away from my passgener door.

the more i drive, the more scared i get

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

unklerosco wrote: »
    Its only 1 night out of 356
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Seen on the M/N7 recently :

Some lemming southbound at M7/M9 split who decided to take the M9 at the last split second without warning veered across from M7 at 100+k missing the V end of the barrier by inches and forcing traffic in the two M9 lanes to jam on, that idiot so nearly ended up going into the barrier V sideways at serious speed, not to mention almost getting ploughed by two lanes of traffic.

Another lemming sitting in a stationary car with his hazards on in the leftmost driving lane of the Naas Road northbound a car length or two after the Rathcoole exit :eek: Was so so so glad I had shortly before overtaken the truck that had been in front of me as I watched it in my mirrors sailing straight up to the back of the stationary car at about 100k and then switching lanes, anyone behind would not have been able to see the stationary car until it was too late. Dont know what this eejit was trying to do, maybe he was waiting for a 'safe' (not) opportunity to reverse back to take the exit, or maybe he was broken down, but if he was broken down he must have been playing out a serious death wish by sitting in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

The 06 Megane(with fogs and sidelights on :P)slammed into the crash barrier with its front wing, mangling it to pieces and smashing the mirror into a million pieces, and tore the door up along the side of it.

Do you believe this was a contributing factor to the crash?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

endplate wrote: »
    Do you believe this was a contributing factor to the crash?:D

I'd like to see that figure: what percentage of cars involved in accidents had inappropriate foglights on? Then, using the same reasoning as the "speed kills" folks, we could start calling those "accidents in which inappropriate foglights were a factor".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I've had one clown cut me up along fairview/clontarf, just after the Alfie Byrne road junction. He was in the left lane, and when he discovered a parked car in his lane, drove into my lane without indicating or checking/caring about where I was.
    I dropped the anchors and hit the horn.
    The next junction was a red light and he was turning left, so he was back in the left lane.
    I pulled up along side and shrugged my shoulders in the international WTF signal. He rolled down his window, and shouted "you fuckin arsehole, that's a merge".

I was in awe of his ignorance. I managed to say "no, they are two discreet lanes you clown..." before the lights went green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

was with the brother in the gti a while ago comming through the tunnel ( the port tunnel, sorry, local slang ) when we got over taken at double the limit by a pack of white cars ( maybe a club?? all differant jap brands, but all white :confused: ) anyways, we came out at the port only to find them all drifitng the off ramp ( if your where at the very start of the tunnel, heading northbound, theirs an off ramp and under pass for the port ;) )

so we stopped at the lights only to find a tosser in a 240sx thinking he's the drift king slide up the wrong way , completely blind to traffic on his right ( oncomming ) then hooking left towards us, missing us by a hiar then spinning out and crushing all the corners of his pride and joy.... after histerical laughter we got out, waled after and asked him was he alright, did he need help etc ??

his first response " wtf are ye doing driving like that ( we where stuck at the lights :eek: ) all me bhoys are gonna say you knocked me into the barrier, ye mugs get outta here ! "

2 mins kater his mates came alogn, got the tow rope out and begged us not to call the gardi... :D

when explained this to him and then he begged not to call the gardi...

turns out the gardi have active cctv their, we got a knock on the door 2 weeks later from the gardi asking for withnesses and giving us the option of legal action against him... We let it go as we later found out he got 2 years ontop of the 6 months he already done ( driving on a ban :rolleyes: ) AFAIK he's currently in the joy...

What a mug. :mad:

Zube wrote: »
    I'd like to see that figure: what percentage of cars involved in accidents had inappropriate foglights on? Then, using the same reasoning as the "speed kills" folks, we could start calling those "accidents in which inappropriate foglights were a factor".

*beats back discussion of fog lights with a stick* :pac:

"Back you , back!!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Not sure why you'd "let it go" tbh???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Was coming down the N3 today and was waiting at the castleknock roundabout in the middle lane going straight, there were a couple of taxis waiting to go straight in the left hand lane aswell (fair enough as the bus lane start pretty soon after the roundabout). The lights go green and the taxis get ahead of me pretty quick and pull in which i can deal with but then i notice a middle aged couple in a bmw trying the same thing but instead of going into bus lane they decide to take the space i was in. We were actually driving side by side in the same lane for a second when i lent on the horn to wake him up. Basically he pulls in behind me and starts giving me the finger etc like its my fault for not letting him force me out of the way. Then he pulls into the right hand lane and floors it to the merge where he nearly creases a guy squeezing into the merge just after the new bridge. Followed him to the roundabout and he doesnt indicate and goes to the second exit into the castleknock gate. He goes through the gate and gets to the junction at the north road in the park and doesnt indicate either.

Easily the worst driver i have seen in some time.

Advertisement