Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

People are Crazy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Sounds like an everyday occurence Im afraid.

Haven driven from Tipperary to Dingle and back today I have seen a lot of funny driving styles. I have even seen the new unmarked car on the Kerry side of Abbeyfeale doing speed checks. He was there pulling at 9am and still pulling cars at 2pm.

I have seen tractors with no lights, no roof, no beacon, no reg just two spikes sticking out the front and back in heavy rain passing over the mountains, I have seen the old people in Dingle who managed to crash into a pole in an empty car park, the yanks that waddled across in front of me and gave me the finger for not stopping. I opened the window and politely informed then "it was a good thing I stopped otherwise your fat ass would have totalled my car". She was clearly impressed. Hey, dont give somebody the finger if you dont want a retaliatory remark. ;)

I even saw the car valeter in Abbeyfeale getting wildly upset. He bought/leased and old service station right on the roadside and polishs the cars under the canopy. Well they are doing road works there are a truck passed through a massive muddy puddle. Back to square one with that car me old chum. :D

I met a DHL LWB Van on Conor Pass. His vehicle was clearly not suitable for that road and muggins here had to reverse the whole way.

I also saw a women in Castleisland who clearly borrowed the car from somebody. It was a Megane which has the reverse which you have to pull up to engage the gear. Nope, she didnt know that. She kept moving forwards and beating the bumper off the high kerb. *Clap Clap*. I eventually got out in the rain to help.

The things you see. I found myself shouting at somebody who didnt indicate today and ironically said out loud "why are you shouting"?

I finally snapped today. I can only be downhill from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mixervilla

so i was in the outside lane heading northbound up the M50 just past the red cow doing about 110 and passing a few cars along the way. I came up behind this guy doing about 100 in the fast lane, the middle lane was clear for now for a good bit so i waited for him to move over(we've all seen these ignorant drivers at some stage), he didnt so i flashed the beams so he'd know i was there(sometimes your better off just undertaking him) The dangerous p***k responded with his brake lights. What would you do? How come there are so many drivers who do not respect the overtaking lane as exactly that, do they think the own the road and should control everyones speed?

Rant over now, need feedback before i post what happened next........

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

mixervilla. The speed limit to my knowledge is a 100kph on the M50 all the way. He is probably one of those annoying people who believe that its their job to police the roads and will do the max in the outside lane and hope that he might possibly give something back to society by slowing everybody down.

What can you do? Nothing really short of reporting him to the Gardai who will not arrive in time or not really care. Its careless driving, driving without due car and attention and dangerous driving all in one.

Remember irregardless of speed, if you hit the other car from behind your in ****.

I have given up on those people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

S.I.R wrote: »
    was with the brother in the gti a while ago comming through the tunnel ( the port tunnel, sorry, local slang ) when we got over taken at double the limit by a pack of white cars ( maybe a club?? all differant jap brands, but all white :confused: ) anyways, we came out at the port only to find them all drifitng the off ramp ( if your where at the very start of the tunnel, heading northbound, theirs an off ramp and under pass for the port ;) )

so we stopped at the lights only to find a tosser in a 240sx thinking he's the drift king slide up the wrong way , completely blind to traffic on his right ( oncomming ) then hooking left towards us, missing us by a hiar then spinning out and crushing all the corners of his pride and joy.... after histerical laughter we got out, waled after and asked him was he alright, did he need help etc ??

his first response " wtf are ye doing driving like that ( we where stuck at the lights :eek: ) all me bhoys are gonna say you knocked me into the barrier, ye mugs get outta here ! "

2 mins kater his mates came alogn, got the tow rope out and begged us not to call the gardi... :D

when explained this to him and then he begged not to call the gardi...

turns out the gardi have active cctv their, we got a knock on the door 2 weeks later from the gardi asking for withnesses and giving us the option of legal action against him... We let it go as we later found out he got 2 years ontop of the 6 months he already done ( driving on a ban :rolleyes: ) AFAIK he's currently in the joy...

What a mug. :mad:
    Thats mad!! I would have never thought that the little scumbags would do that. A new one for me. It also tells me to get out of dodge when I see a scumbag crashing a car. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mixervilla

Rant over now, need feedback before i post what happened next........

.......as he wasnt going to move over and showed what an ignorant p***k he was i decided not to get mad but get even(road rage maybe!) so i went into the middle lane and past him, re entered the fast lane and took my foot off to continued to drive like a p***k too at 90kph, he had the sense at least not to flash his beams like i had, he overtook me in the middle lane with a pi55ed off head on him and stayed there, i think he got the message.........road rage maybe but a lesson learned for one ignorant p***k also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...and terrible, dangerous driving :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I bet if someone wrote a book on all this stuff it'd be a bestseller... Makes for entertaining reading!

Lots of twats on the road now. How they ever passed their driving test i'd love to know. I was coming down the M50 from Swords the other day, traffic was moving fairly freely for a change, i was stuck behind a Land rover Freelander with rental stickers in the back window, doin about 65kmph in the overtake lane. I hate undertaking so i stayed behind him, while everyone else went by us in the inside lane. After a few minutes of this, i notice the jeep drifting into the left lane- with a car directly beside him! The dozy German (he looked German, dont ask) must have came out of his conversation about snitzels and sausages with his mates at the last minute, swerved violently, sending the jeep on to two wheels. He managed to control it but i decided enough was enough and went down the inside lane. I pulled back out in front of him, leaving a good gap between us, and he starts flashing his lights at me for the undertake manuover. :eek:

Madness i tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

This is a new trick which my friend does to 'tailgaters'......

As you are driving along...push the clutch in and put the gear stick in reverse..but you are still driving forward...DO NOT TAKE YOU FOOT OFF THE CLUTCH while doing this...

The reverse light comes on and frightens the **** out of the tailgater who will quickly fade into the distance....:D:D

You need balls to try it first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i have to admit i may have scared the holy bejesus out of someone when i started driving.

i had a cinquento. i am 6foot 2 so i looked great in it. anyway becuase of my height i was able to store my cds in the passenger door and reach across with relative ease.

so obivously when i statreted driving my concentration was not the greastest. so i started to root for the cds glancing at the road every so often.

the glances got less and less until i was fully engrossed at looking at the cds.

long stroy short i hit a crash barrier and glanced along it for about 20m. car in front of me slowed rright down. to get a good look.

i kept on going pretending to forget what just happened..... bright red face on me and less one left had wing mirror!!!!

needless to say i did not do that agian and it rapidly reduced my fiddling with cd in the car

As you are driving along...push the clutch in and put the gear stick in reverse..but you are still driving forward...DO NOT TAKE YOU FOOT OFF THE CLUTCH while doing this...

The reverse light comes on and frightens the **** out of the tailgater who will quickly fade into the distance....:D:D

what car does he drive. my car will not go into reverse when moving at any speed forwards!

if you rest your foot gently on the brake pedal the lights will come on and tail gater should bak off.

even putting the car into reverse at speed is a big no no in my book!!!

would be some laugh if the clutch let out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,995 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is an EXCEPTIONALLY dangerous thing to do. Theres as much chance of the tailgater panicking and hitting the accelerator - and you're coasting now remember - hence smashing in to you. At high speeds. It wouldn't be any normal rear-ended in this case.

Its also almost certainly illegal. Do not attempt unless you're a muppet.

+1

MYOB wrote: »
    This is an EXCEPTIONALLY dangerous thing to do. Theres as much chance of the tailgater panicking and hitting the accelerator - and you're coasting now remember - hence smashing in to you. At high speeds. It wouldn't be any normal rear-ended in this case.

Its also almost certainly illegal. Do not attempt unless you're a muppet.

I have never tried it personally...no way am I risking my lovely 6 gear BMW coupe...and my friend is a women!!!!

an ex of mine used to slam on the brakes when that happened and she said that if she got hit it would be there fault. logic escapes some people!!!

Martron wrote: »
    an ex of mine used to slam on the brakes when that happened and she said that if she got hit it would be there fault. logic escapes some people!!!

To be honest..from a liabilty point of view she would probable be right which I am sure would be of great comfort to her from her hospital bed:eek::eek:

she was crazy.... suffered from road rage. one of these people that reaches across and beeps the horn at other people!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i have to admit i may have scared the holy bejesus out of someone when i started driving.

i had a cinquento. i am 6foot 2 so i looked great in it. anyway becuase of my height i was able to store my cds in the passenger door and reach across with relative ease.

so obivously when i statreted driving my concentration was not the greastest. so i started to root for the cds glancing at the road every so often.

the glances got less and less until i was fully engrossed at looking at the cds.

long stroy short i hit a crash barrier and glanced along it for about 20m. car in front of me slowed rright down. to get a good look.

i kept on going pretending to forget what just happened..... bright red face on me and less one left had wing mirror!!!!

needless to say i did not do that agian and it rapidly reduced my fiddling with cd in the car

Could have been worse, you could have had a mate in the passenger seat. Imagine how THAT would have looked as you lifted your head back up....

quarryman wrote: »
    Could have been worse, you could have had a mate in the passenger seat. Imagine how THAT would have looked as you lifted your head back up....

well if i had a passenger it probably would not have happened as they would have been in charge of replacing cds in my walkman which was connected to the radio from my da old mazda 323 (1986) via the cassette adaptor.

and yes it would have looked bad....... real bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Somebody actually did that to a guy I know. Long, straight, fairly empty road, but the guy either took umbrage at how close he was being followed or just fancied a tasty claim and slammed on the brakes. Might have worked out ok for him if an amazed pedestrian hadn't hung around long enough to tell the Gardai about his brake testing antics. Mr. Brakes got done for dangerous driving and the claim was settled in the guy behind's favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭draycottgirlz

+1

+2

complete stupidity!!!

• Advertisement

another crazy thing i have noticed these days is the people driving with ice on their side windows. how do they see when the come to a junction. i was nearly t boned last week with someone pulling out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

what car does he drive. my car will not go into reverse when moving at any speed forwards!

if you rest your foot gently on the brake pedal the lights will come on and tail gater should bak off.

even putting the car into reverse at speed is a big no no in my book!!!

would be some laugh if the clutch let out.

Car wont go into reverse when travelling at speed, even with the clutch in

nope i drive ford focus. if for example i am doing 3 point turn . when i am chjanging direction. if i put the clutch in and pressure on gearstick to put it into reverse..... the stick wont move unless i am practically stopped moving forward.

Advertisement