Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a store up North?

Options
  • 08-12-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering could someone recommend a few stores up North. With the current economic situation a trip North could be very good value

Well as its Christmas myself and the brother want to buy a few shooting accessories. Namely wild fowling gear (chest waders, decoys, callers and so on)

I also want to buy some SportTac Peltors.

So can anyone recommend a few big stores up North likely to stock the above?

Thanks in advance, pm me if ya want

EDIT: I'm aware there is probably better value on-line but due to time constraints etc I'd rather get them in a bricks and mortar store

Veg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Of the top of my head Vegeta there is Donal McCloys in Toome on the northern shore of Lough Neagh. Brand new massive shop. And being beside the lough is filled with decoy stuff. Im hoping to drop in as well some day as Northern shooters are feeling the pinch too so want to see what bargains he has. Plus you can do the Christmas shopping and a booze cruise at the same time! :D
    They are still setting up the website but here you go,

http://www.mccloys.com/

Only thing is I think they are closed Saturday. :confused: Maybe they are out fowling?

Mallards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

When we are on the topic

Any one know any good hunting shops in New York?

Flying over there next week...

Google tells me the place is full of em...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

www.fieldandstream.co.uk

Great group of people. Can't recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Jimbo,
    NYC not much,as it is a gun free city:rolleyes:.You have to go either to NJ or upstate New York before you get anything worthwhile in shops.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Jack Smyth's Newry , everything you need for shooting and fishing , he will also match internet prices if you have proof of price, i am told.

He is only 5 minutes walk fromm centre of town.

maca

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

Blazher wrote: »
    www.fieldandstream.co.uk

Great group of people. Can't recommend them enough.

+1 great people

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Is this the same field and stream in Tyrone? If so shame on me for forgetting, Great people pleasure to deal with.

http://www.fieldandstreamonline.co.uk/

Mallards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Gavin & co at Tannyoky are dead sound. Not too far North either.

F&S is well worth a visit too if a little further up the road. Bought my first pistol there..........back in the good ole days :(.

Advertisement