Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else really annoyed about the iphone?

• 08-12-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Bought iphone not long ago and I am so dissappointed its useless! The internet doesn`t work half th time not much good when I need it. I can`t use my music as a ringtone the bluetooth only works with apple headsets. It lacks what I would consider basic feathure for a phone. O2 are the worst they are absolute so and so`s. I was with meteor before this and I would never recommend anyone move to o2. DON`T BUY THE IPHONE!:mad::(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Ohh no. There go my plans to get an unlocked iPhone and use it on Meteor :P. No but really, is it more an O2 thing, or is it the phone itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I have heard so many complaints from people about the iphone. I can't believe the put such a crappy camera in it.

But I am guessing they are just marketing it as a mobile extension of your Mac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Bought iphone not long ago and I am so dissappointed its useless! The internet doesn`t work half th time not much good when I need it. I can`t use my music as a ringtone the bluetooth only works with apple headsets. It lacks what I would consider basic feathure for a phone. O2 are the worst they are absolute so and so`s. I was with meteor before this and I would never recommend anyone move to o2. DON`T BUY THE IPHONE!:mad::(

Ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

bluetooth only works with apple headsets

Mine works with a Motorola and a Nokia headset... :confused:

They are cool and very functionable BUT they need to be jailbroken, unlocked and NOT used with O2. I have a 2G one and I'm happy with it. And I've used a N95 which is probably the closest you'd get to a competitor.

Mind you, I wouldn't buy another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

All well documented problems with a handset that has been available for a long time. You didn't do your research, it is your fault that you made assumptions, it is your fault that you are dissappointed with your product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

4Xcut wrote: »
    All well documented problems with a handset that has been available for a long time. You didn't do your research, it is your fault that you made assumptions, it is your fault that you are dissappointed with your product.

Thank you Bill, now over to Sharon in the newsroom...:D

tbh, it's the most overhyped phone of our generation, if you don't like it take it back to the shop and get your money back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

4Xcut wrote: »

One could say that...IF it wasn't for apple's enormous hype-machine, and the ignorant lackeys in the corporate media who hailed the iphone and poured so much disinformation over page after page after page... Not everyone turns shopping into a science. The op has some valid points imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mrspinkbunny

Couldn`t really have predicted the network not supporting! And they won`t give me my money back thinkin bout small claims or something. its not the money its the principle I bought it because the internet is wicked if that doesn`t work I don`t want it cause i`m sacrificing so many other things like I really want to hear Mariah Carey "all i want for xmas" when my phone rings its xmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

i got one a few days ago, using it on 3....

its my first apple product and i have to be honest ..im not a fan of apple buy i am really loving the iphone 3g...

what i love about it:

Its really slick looking and feels great in the hand

the screen size is excellent, perfect for browsing the web

touchscreen - last phone was an lg viewty and the touch screen doesnt even warrant comparing it to the iphone

App store- some really cool useful apps, many free

browser- works very very well

and the battery life altho not gr8 , is better than i though, i get 2 days with my usage which id consider average

although there are some annoying things such as not being able to send fils via bluthooth, and em thats all i can think of rite now..oh and the txt fuction not having a character counter..and no mms(dont care bout this)

this is the best phone ive ever had..

they won`t give me my money back !

How long have you the phone? are you tied into contract with it?

The browser should work nearly 100% of the time on both 02 3G and 02 GPRS...it's the best mobile browser out there I think...

at op where did you get your 3 one from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

got it from italy, sim free.

cojomo2 wrote: »
    got it from italy, sim free.

did you buy online or pick one up in Italy, which network and how much, cheers, (have to sort out one for a mate his misses is demanding one and it has to work on vodafone) tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

How long have you the phone? are you tied into contract with it?

The browser should work nearly 100% of the time on both 02 3G and 02 GPRS...it's the best mobile browser out there I think...

I find my connection disapears for about 30 mins around 5pm in town every days nearly.

I like the phone though. But the camera is truly rubbish, as is the lack of a radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Agreed. My wife has one and even though I told her about all the problems with it BEFORE she bought it , she still went ahead. Now she gets so frustrated with it. She swears she will never buy another Apple product!

I am tempted daily, to say "I told you so"!

321654 wrote: »
    I find my connection disapears for about 30 mins around 5pm in town every days nearly.

that's strange, what have 02 to say about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Network congestion is probably the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

How did you miss this long-running saga....??

I occasionally use my iPhone on O2 Ireland -though most of the time I use it on 3UK. I have never had any of the problems you describe.

You can use Garageband to edit your own ringtones very easily
    You can use the bluetooth with any headset that I know of
    The Safari browser with HSDPA is wonderful

cojomo2 wrote: »
    i got one a few days ago, using it on 3....

although there are some annoying things such as not being able to send fils via bluthooth, and em thats all i can think of rite now..oh and the txt fuction not having a character counter..and no mms(dont care bout this)

this is the best phone ive ever had..

Get "air sharing" from the App Store

321654 wrote: »

I like the phone though. But the camera is truly rubbish, as is the lack of a radio.

It's the iPhone; it does the Internet in the palm of your hand. Get the free radio tuner from the App Store.

Very interested in this new case from Griffin, the Clarifi, which contains an extra lens doofer, which magnifies and increases the resolution.

• Advertisement

elderlemon wrote: »
    Agreed. My wife has one and even though I told her about all the problems with it BEFORE she bought it , she still went ahead. Now she gets so frustrated with it. She swears she will never buy another Apple product!

I am tempted daily, to say "I told you so"!

What does she get frustrated with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I can`t use my music as a ringtone

Jailbreak (& unlock) the phone using winpwn. It is relatively easy.

Then using the Cydia installer (that automatically installs when you Jailbreak) install the application PhoneZap. PhoneZap allows you to choose any segment (& any length of time) of any song on your iPhone as a ringtone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

strecker wrote: »
    One could say that...IF it wasn't for apple's enormous hype-machine, and the ignorant lackeys in the corporate media who hailed the iphone and poured so much disinformation over page after page after page... Not everyone turns shopping into a science. The op has some valid points imho.

Hype and facts are seperate things. If the OP is not capeable of descerning between the two then perhaps she should have asked someone who she trusted/knew and was also knowledgable about the subject. For example, I wouldn't buy a car without asking the advice of certain frineds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Had an iphone but moved to a SE C905 due to the poor reception when combined with meteor. I miss a lot of the functions that the iphone had but I'm just going to put this out there...

The iphone is a POOR phone.. but AMAZING at everything else!
    You can actually use the internet with ease and not fiddly like on most phones.
    There are so many features on it when combined with the app store..if you can't go an see find these for yourself then you shouldn't have got such a complicated phone.
    It is a beefed up ipod(ipod touch) which can make phone calls also. So just bare this in mind. BTW don't get me wrong but its a great phone and a great music player(many people seem to actually overlook this).

culabula wrote: »
    How did you miss this long-running saga....??

I forgot to use my brain there for a moment:D

su_dios wrote: »
    Had an iphone but moved to a SE C905 due to the poor reception when combined with meteor. I miss a lot of the functions that the iphone had but I'm just going to put this out there...

The iphone is a POOR phone.. but AMAZING at everything else!
    You can actually use the internet with ease and not fiddly like on most phones.
    There are so many features on it when combined with the app store..if you can't go an see find these for yourself then you shouldn't have got such a complicated phone.
    It is a beefed up ipod(ipod touch) which can make phone calls also. So just bare this in mind. BTW don't get me wrong but its a great phone and a great music player(many people seem to actually overlook this).

It's a poor phone and a great phone. I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

best phone i have evar had and my last phone was a n95 8g and before that a f700

xbox36016 wrote: »
    best phone i have evar had and my last phone was a n95 8g and before that a f700

I concur though I do miss the excitement of Nokia's flagship phones going on fire in my pocket.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

i`m sacrificing so many other things like I really want to hear Mariah Carey "all i want for xmas" when my phone rings its xmas!

Surely this is a plus point for the iphone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

best phone i ever had and i've changed my phone so often before to the newest and greatest. My next upgrade will not be until iphone third generation is released.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement