Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else really annoyed about the iphone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mrspinkbunny

ntlbell wrote: »
    since when does top price = top device?

Maybe if people researched their purchase correctly, worked out what they actually _need_ the phone for, find the phone that meets those requirements and buys it.

the chances are you could find a phone that does everything you need for half the price and does it twice as good....

don't blame apple for your laziness..

I am not lazy I wanted it for the internet mainly, gps and the bluetooth. If the internet worked I`d deal there was no indication of the network problems and the guy in the shop reassured me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I am not lazy I wanted it for the internet mainly, gps and the bluetooth. If the internet worked I`d deal there was no indication of the network problems and the guy in the shop reassured me.

I am in central Dublin right now using my Speakeasy O2 SIM in one iPhone and my contract one in the other. It's a busy Friday night in December but there are no issues -Grafton St, Temple Bar or the Italian quarter.

The SIMs/network/iPhones function as they usually do -smoothly and well.

Perhaps you should ring O2 and get them to remove data and then reprovision it? Or maybe a SIM swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Have to say that I am very happy with the iPhone. I have it a few months now, and can't really complain. I researched the pros and cons throughly before purchase and decided it was definitely worth it. The only thing I find disappointing is the limited SMS functionality. The camera could be better, but 2.0 Meg is grand for what I would be using it for.

culabula wrote: »
    I am in central Dublin right now using my Speakeasy O2 SIM in one iPhone and my contract one in the other. It's a busy Friday night in December but there are no issues -Grafton St, Temple Bar or the Italian quarter.

The SIMs/network/iPhones function as they usually do -smoothly and well.

Perhaps you should ring O2 and get them to remove data and then reprovision it? Or maybe a SIM swap?

Do you work for them or something? Why don`t you just set up a I love o2 fan club!!!And I`m in Dublin in the IFSC and I used my phone in Dublin today and as per usual it kept droping for no reason although it did work today which is more than most days. How could there be probs with a phone i just bought? I have probs since day one? I don`t know anyone else who has had no probs I actually don`t think your genuine at the stage...everyone has the prob with the page dropping

QUESTION where are you posting from if your on the street any chance your working in one of the lets say o2 stores there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Do you work for them or something? Why don`t you just set up a I love o2 fan club!!!And I`m in Dublin in the IFSC and I used my phone in Dublin today and as per usual it kept droping for no reason although it did work today which is more than most days. How could there be probs with a phone i just bought? I have probs since day one? I don`t know anyone else who has had no probs I actually don`t think your genuine at the stage...everyone has the prob with the page dropping

QUESTION where are you posting from if your on the street any chance your working in one of the lets say o2 stores there?

What has O2 customer care said? or did you rant off on them too?

• Advertisement

They insisted I should contact apple and I argued (they argued back quite rudely) because legally I purchase from them so there my point of contact.

They insisted I should contact apple and I argued (they argued back quite rudely) because legally I purchase from them so there my point of contact.

Did you ring them and complain about the phone, or the dropped calls/data? 2 different issues.

Sick calling them have logged compaint with comreg have to wait for their response.

Sick calling them have logged compaint with comreg have to wait for their response.

Any problem I've had with them they've sorted out or at least acknowledged straight away. Maybe its not them?

Any problem I've had with them they've sorted out or at least acknowledged straight away. Maybe its not them?

Now your being ridiculous! Its my fault that they can`t make my phone work and there network is crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

HI O2 HAPPY XMAS !

was it your first apple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Has anyone had a problem with switching to O2 and setting up the iPhone? I'm getting "No Service" on the phone after setting it up, and wonder if O2 may be slow to switch the account over from Vodafone.

If so, this is a major pain, as it's one of my main business tools.

luckat wrote: »
    Has anyone had a problem with switching to O2 and setting up the iPhone? I'm getting "No Service" on the phone after setting it up, and wonder if O2 may be slow to switch the account over from Vodafone.

If so, this is a major pain, as it's one of my main business tools.

that could be normal, give customer care a call just to make sure there has been no problem moving your number and your accout is active....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Hmm, turns out that Carphone Warehouse gave me the wrong kind of SIM card - they gave me a pay-as-you-go one when they should have given me a billpay one. So I have to get a replacement today.

Meanwhile, the wifi problem remains.

Is there any way of resetting the keyboard for passwords so it's horizontal? I don't exactly have huge fingers, but even so keep hitting the letter beside the letter I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

It's perectly easy to make your own ringtones you can use an app like iringer or you can do it yourself - loads of tutorials on YouTube

I think the pros far outweigh the cons on the iPhone and a lot of the moaning should be directed at O2 not Apple
    It's quite simple really - if you don't like it don't buy it. It does what it says on the tin. There are far too many gobsh1tes out there who knew exactly what the iPhone did and didn't do and ended up buying it anyway just because they have to have the latest gadget to look cool down at the pub. I waited nearly six months before I bought mine and I have no regrets.
    It amazes me the amount of aggressive idiots who've probably never even used one who seem to spend their days trawling iPhone threads to vomit out insults at a phone and it's users - get a life and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I haven't followed your story from the start but this is rubbish. Did you walk into an Apple store and purchase the phone from them? No. Your contract is with the people who sold you the phone, not the manufacturers. Demand more from them. Your legal right is to deal with the place of purchase. If you bought a loaf of bread from superquinn and it had mould, you wouldn't go directly to the bakery, would you?

It seems most issues I've heard of with the iPhone are network related (same thing with a mate in the states who says AT&T are absolute rubbish). Delights me that I bought off ebay Apple-unlocked :D Vodafone ftw :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

WOW THE LENGHTS O2 WILL GO TO TO STOP ANY NEGATIVE PRESS!
    HI O2 HAPPY XMAS !

You do know you have obliterated any shred of credibility you had on this thread after that immature outburst?

You are refusing to accept that you are simply incapable of operating a phone that doesn't have standard Nokia menus where your choices are limited to up/down and ok. You are refusing to accept that you wanted the latest must-have phone to show off to all your friends.

And to top it all off, when you encounter rational, coherent debate that concerns your little tantrum, you refuse to participate and instead throw out unfounded allegations. If you had the slightest bit of common sense you would see that most posters in this thread are on this site a hell of a lot longer than you and, get this, don't actually work for O2 and, crazy idea, actually have a clue what they are talking about.

So why don't you do us all a favour and go buy yourself a pink girly phone that you might actually be capable of operating and stop wasting our time on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Ah tom leave her alone, she's (based on her posts) only 12! :p

paris-hilton-44.jpg

:D

I was thinking more along the lines of

Legally-Blonde-2-m04.jpg

eamon234 wrote: »
    It's perectly easy to make your own ringtones you can use an app like iringer or you can do it yourself - loads of tutorials on YouTube

I think the pros far outweigh the cons on the iPhone and a lot of the moaning should be directed at O2 not Apple
    It's quite simple really - if you don't like it don't buy it. It does what it says on the tin. There are far too many gobsh1tes out there who knew exactly what the iPhone did and didn't do and ended up buying it anyway just because they have to have the latest gadget to look cool down at the pub. I waited nearly six months before I bought mine and I have no regrets.
    It amazes me the amount of aggressive idiots who've probably never even used one who seem to spend their days trawling iPhone threads to vomit out insults at a phone and it's users - get a life and move on.

No!I wanted internet that worked and thats not what I got! And I can`t do the ringtone thing cause my phone is locked and if I unlock I void warrenty!

• Advertisement

I haven't followed your story from the start but this is rubbish. Did you walk into an Apple store and purchase the phone from them? No. Your contract is with the people who sold you the phone, not the manufacturers. Demand more from them. Your legal right is to deal with the place of purchase. If you bought a loaf of bread from superquinn and it had mould, you wouldn't go directly to the bakery, would you?

It seems most issues I've heard of with the iPhone are network related (same thing with a mate in the states who says AT&T are absolute rubbish). Delights me that I bought off ebay Apple-unlocked :D Vodafone ftw :p

I quoted the law to them and they still argued back there not backing down why do you think I`m annoyed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Here you go. From a guy in the states but very (even more so) relevent here. Of course Apple fanboys will turn this into an advantage or a positive
    ;-) . I'm not dumping on the iphone but I always thought it had the opportunity to really be the first device to do everything you needed. It does the difficult things well (the browsing experience, touch screen) but the simple things are done so badly it would drive you nuts.

Perfect illustration of why the iPhone is inferior:

My wife got an mms message from her interior designer friend.
    "Look at this beautiful table and chairs. And it's on sale!"
    This designer has a basic Verizon flip phone with a regular junk camera, but it's enough for a quick snap of the table and chairs. But does the iPhone get it? No, of course not. Instead, my wife receives a link along with an ID code and a password. So she has to write down both the ID and password (because the iPhone can't even copy/paste), open Safari, type in the ID and password, and wait for the AT&T page to load (it's dog-slow). Finally the picture comes up. Wanna save that picture? Sorry! No can do on the iPhone. Bookmark it in Safari? Nope. You have to log back in to see the pic each time so bookmarking only saves the AT&T mms site, not the individual page you logged in to see.

Frustration factor: 11.

My Nokia N95 gets it though! Picture came through in the original message, was savable, and now resides comfortably in my mass memory.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    You do know you have obliterated any shred of credibility you had on this thread after that immature outburst?

You are refusing to accept that you are simply incapable of operating a phone that doesn't have standard Nokia menus where your choices are limited to up/down and ok. You are refusing to accept that you wanted the latest must-have phone to show off to all your friends.

And to top it all off, when you encounter rational, coherent debate that concerns your little tantrum, you refuse to participate and instead throw out unfounded allegations. If you had the slightest bit of common sense you would see that most posters in this thread are on this site a hell of a lot longer than you and, get this, don't actually work for O2 and, crazy idea, actually have a clue what they are talking about.

So why don't you do us all a favour and go buy yourself a pink girly phone that you might actually be capable of operating and stop wasting our time on this forum.

No I wanted mobile internet thats why I bought the phone excuse me. Look I don`t know what Mammy issues you have but there making you a real jerk!
    And just because I like pink doesn`t make me immature thats ridiculous its my favourite colour so....whats yours? It doesn`t relay any personality issues its a colour if you can find me any actual redearch to suggest a link between a colour and a persons mental maturity I`ll read it and argue back then otherwise shut up!

120Minutes -
    I don`t look remotely like Paris Hilton or Reese witherspoon I`m dark with black hair and I`m not skinny and my friends reckon I`m a bit of a geek. And besides bet theire not sitting posting on some website with a bunch of loser I`m under no illusions as to who I am.... seems to me you might be thou!

No I wanted mobile internet thats why I bought the phone excuse me. Look I don`t know what Mammy issues you have but there making you a real jerk!

Jerk? Sup Yo. Been watching too much US TV again? Surely not....
    And just because I like pink doesn`t make me immature thats ridiculous its my favourite colour so....whats yours? It doesn`t relay any personality issues its a colour if you can find me any actual redearch to suggest a link between a colour and a persons mental maturity I`ll read it and argue back then otherwise shut up!

You see, you are completely avoiding the issue here. Instead of debating the merits and the shortcomings of the iPhone, you resort to incoherent drivel.
    120Minutes -
    I don`t look remotely like Paris Hilton or Reese witherspoon I`m dark with black hair and I`m not skinny and my friends reckon I`m a bit of a geek. And besides bet theire not sitting posting on some website with a bunch of loser I`m under no illusions as to who I am.... seems to me you might be thou!

That has to be the post of the day. :D

Oh, you might want to check out the multi-quote feature of Boards.ie. ;)

I give up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Um not sure where this thread is going but anyway...

I have an original iphone which i bought unlocked abroad. I have the latest software on it. I really like the phone alot and use it for more than just a phone and ipod. Heatsets and car kits operated by bluetooth work fine for me. INternet is fine both on edge and wifi (depending on service provider coverage obviously)

On the downsides:
    No MMS
    No SMS delivery reports
    Battery life not great
    Needs an occasional reboot to clear the memory
    Camera is crap
    No video camera
    Can occasionally hang

On the pluses:
    Very easy to use and very user friendly
    SMS management is great (for me)
    Internet is best mobile internet i have used on any phone yet
    Appstore and Cydia!
    Great apps: Truphone, VNC Mocha Lite, Fring, TV Plus

I can make free calls, remotely connect to my computers, log into multiple IM clients, record from sky+ from my phone

But at the end of the day its just a phone.

Tom Dunne I wasn`t the one who started personally attacking people I just responded if you read back I responded tp there comments thats all.

I have stated over and over - my issue is the internet has not worked half the time I`ve had the phone thats the killer for me thats what I wanted internet on my phone that is not what I got I am not receiving any satisfaction from o2 I am trying to insuure no one else buys this phone mistaking it for on that works so when someone searches for info about the iphone they get the truth. I am not talking about unlocked ones I am talking about ones on the o2 network ok got that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

I'm beginning to wonder if you'd all pick on mrs pinkbunny if her 'drivel' and narrative quirks came with a pro-apple/o2 post!???

are you all seeiously claiming it's impossible for her in this country to have made some really bad experiences with poor service?

I have never had a single prob with voda in 5 years. Does that mean every single bit of vodafone ireland is perfect?
    oh, whatever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

are you all seeiously claiming it's impossible for her in this country to have made some really bad experiences with poor service?

I have never had a single prob with voda in 5 years. Does that mean every single bit of vodafone ireland is perfect?
    oh, whatever...
    That particular coin has two faces. Does her issue with O2 or the iPhone mean that all of O2 or all iPhones are bad as she suggests?

• Advertisement

I'm Just waiting for Tom to belt out the opening words to his song about condoms to mrspinkbunny:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement