Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

x box ive thinks im a yank

• 08-12-2008 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

well lads. im having a very frustrating roblem here, espeically due to the fact that im invovled i a boards fifa 09 league. here's the issue i am having. when i first set up my hotmail address a few years ago i was living in america. so about month and half ago i set up my xbox live account and linked t to my hotmail address. no problems and i used my free one monh trial. only funy thing was i have an american flag over my gamer tag. now that my one month free trias has gone i have to pay for my membership. the problem is everytime i try to pay, it wont accpt my credit card details as they presume i still live n america and they wont giv me a change address option. i set up a new hotmail account today and linked it to my xbox live account but i still thinks im an american and wont accept my credit card.

buying eeming cards does not suit as i dont want o have to keep going to fetch as monthly sign up sui me as i soon will be changing address again and wont have wireless internet for a while.

is starting a new gamertag and starting fresh te only thing that i can do?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

stevoman wrote: »
    well lads. im having a very frustrating roblem here, espeically due to the fact that im invovled i a boards fifa 09 league. here's the issue i am having. when i first set up my hotmail address a few years ago i was living in america. so about month and half ago i set up my xbox live account and linked t to my hotmail address. no problems and i used my free one monh trial. only funy thing was i have an american flag over my gamer tag. now that my one month free trias has gone i have to pay for my membership. the problem is everytime i try to pay, it wont accpt my credit card details as they presume i still live n america and they wont giv me a change address option. i set up a new hotmail account today and linked it to my xbox live account but i still thinks im an american and wont accept my credit card.

buying eeming cards does not suit as i dont want o have to keep going to fetch as monthly sign up sui me as i soon will be changing address again and wont have wireless internet for a while.

is starting a new gamertag and starting fresh te only thing that i can do?

Have you rang xbox support? They might be able to manually change your account details?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Have you rang xbox support? They might be able to manually change your account details?
    no i havent tried that. i'l fid their number and give them a call. thanks

UPDATE

ok i just got off the phone to xbox customer support. i have been told that i have no option but to set up a new gamertag and i have to set up a new windows live email account. i was told as its two different regions its going to do nothing but give me grief!!!! this is complete **** as im inolved in a league and also i am going t lost out on my experience points etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

stevoman wrote: »
    UPDATE

ok i just got off the phone to xbox customer support. i have been told that i have no option but to set up a new gamertag and i have to set up a new windows live email account. i was told as its two different regions its going to do nothing but give me grief!!!! this is complete **** as im inolved in a league and also i am going t lost out on my experience points etc!

sorry about the lateness, i can't help your situation but i can tell you that the exact same thing happened to me. i had the guts of 2 years of (offline) gamerscore points built up, then found COD4 and realized that online gaming was quite decent (debilitatingly addictive i might add!). credit card wouldn't work coz it thinks i'm in america, vouchers wouldn't work as there was an account irregularity (i'm not in america). In the end, i just had to create a new profile, i was a bit annoyed at the time but i don't think it makes the slightest bit of difference really - i liked the old tag name better though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I've the same problem as well (you'll notice the US flag in the fifa league) and i had the same conversation with xbox support. but i didn't create a new GT, i just used american subscription codes for xbl. same for ms points as well. I normally get them from here http://www.microsoftpointsxbox.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I had the exact same problem. MS are usless at this, its been going on for years now and still no fix. There basicly saying, once you but an xbox DONT MOVE COUNTRY!

Best thing to do now is change your hotmail settings to show your real address. Link your current gamertag with another email address, then create a new one. Wouldnt recommend buying a US sub as you wont be able to use xbox marketplace.

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Best thing to do now is change your hotmail settings to show your real address. Link your current gamertag with another email address, then create a new one. Wouldnt recommend buying a US sub as you wont be able to use xbox marketplace.

Linking with a different email address doesn't work. You can use the marketplace no problem, just buy US points codes (it's cheaper too :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

mika27 wrote: »
    Linking with a different email address doesn't work. You can use the marketplace no problem, just buy US points codes (it's cheaper too :D)

You cant download tv shows/movies/music if you have a US account, even if you buy US points. I think you can still buy arcade games though.

Your right though, linking with a different email will not work. But if you want to create a new xbox live account and keep your current email address you will need to unlink you email from your current account before creating a new one.

Just be sure to update your hotmail account with your new details first.

yeah i just may set p a new account as its just messing around with other gam and that. im ragin. well its not the end of the world though!

mgsrocks wrote: »
    You cant download tv shows/movies/music if you have a US account, even if you buy US points. I think you can still buy arcade games though.

Your right though, linking with a different email will not work. But if you want to create a new xbox live account and keep your current email address you will need to unlink you email from your current account before creating a new one.

Just be sure to update your hotmail account with your new details first.

Never got any movies or music but I've got a couple of south park episodes before so I don't know why it didn't work for you.

Anyway, all I'm saying is if you don't want to lose your achievements/gamerscore you don't have to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement