Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Permits

Options
  • 08-12-2008 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

So as always my mam leaves things to the last minute. Getting Pay and Display on my road from next Monday and my mam hasn't brought the application form for a Permit down to Wood Quay.

Usually how long do these take? I'm heading down tomorrow with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Freewheeling Ed

no guarantees in life.. especially with "The Clampers" , but here is an opinion on the matter.

As you are only getting Pay and Display now ( boo boo , ) you are not in a priority area ( so more boo boo.., do you really need it ) so if it is like my street , they do not enforce very regularly, and are unlikely to enforce at all for the first week or two ( or more) , until people adjust.
    They will get you if you dont have a permit.. so remember to tell friends and family etc..

You can go down to the Civic office (the Bunkers) and pay, a receipt in your window might keep them off your back, until the permit turns up.
    It is quick enough , a week or so

Pay to park outside your own house ... dammit dammit to hell.. , still better than being clamped..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Usually when waiting on a permit you can ring the evil clampers and tell them you are waiting on the permit. They will put you in their systems for a week and leave the car alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tis sorted. The guy I was dealing with said that clampers are told not to clamp cars on roads for 2 weeks after the Pay and Display has been enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,416 ✭✭✭✭Victor

When she goes in, ask them for some visitor permits.

Make sure she has all the paperwork in order.

Advertisement