Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, Clearasil...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

one of the best drugs i've ever taken.

...... and you need blood tests ....

now doesn't that seem like a good summary of a post??

oh and if you want to see bad dubbing look at the actimel add where yer man plays basketball jaysus japanese director definitely

oh and a good one i use is l'oreal men expert

and does anyone know a good way of getting rid off blackheads (say clearasil and i will make you drink it :cool:)

......and just to ruin a perfectly good thread don't ya just love the big ones that pop when ya burst 'em!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

now doesn't that seem like a good summary of a post??

oh and if you want to see bad dubbing look at the actimel add where yer man plays basketball jaysus japanese director definitely

oh and a good one i use is l'oreal men expert

and does anyone know a good way of getting rid off blackheads (say clearasil and i will make you drink it :cool:)

......and just to ruin a perfectly good thread don't ya just love the big ones that pop when ya burst 'em!!!

clearasil do a blackhead removing product thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The blackhead remover scrub isn't too bad, but you'd want to lave it on for the shortest time possible cos it does really dry out your skin. Also a scrub like that is WAY to harsh to be ued daily, though I did for a few months when I ran ou of my normal cleanser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

There's theis fantastic stuff, I think you get it in Boots.

The brand is St. Ive's. Its like this mango/peach deep scrub cleanser. Its a sort of paste, but its got these little gritty bits in it so it really gets into the pores and scrapes of the dead skin. Fantastic stuff, a noticible dfferencei n a afew days for me.

Yeah st, Ives is lovely, way more gentle compare to other products. Even the cleansing wipes are superior.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Clearasil is horrible stuff, it feels like it is taking a layer of skin off your face!!

I use a Lush cleanser called Ultra Bland which is amazing, but the best regular cleanser brand you can buy in supermarkets is Neutrogena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I have copied a selection of relevant posts from this topic to the new Acne Advice Thread. Please post acne releated queries and advice there and consider this thread to be now a more light hearted discussion about acne/clearasil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

I used Clearasil Ultra when I was about 13. I stopped using the wipes after a while because the hydrogen peroxide started to turn the hair either side of my face white :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

fonpokno wrote: »

*drinks Clearasil*

This one time:
    I came home from the local tavern a little bit sh1t faced. Picked up the clear bottle of blue liquid that I believed was mouthwash and poured quite an amount of it into my mouth.

Turns out it was my sisters clearasil and f@*k me it was the worst thing I have ever tasted.

Oh how I laughed . . . . . . and puked.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I used to use Clearasil, and still have a bottle of it lying around somewhere, but I was lucky enough to never have had bads spots or acne at any stage. I remember I had a tub of the cleansing pads once, ages ago. I vaguely remember that they stung a lot the first few times, but were pretty effective.

Sudocrem is one of the best products ever created.

Lynx sucks, but the adds are great. Showers and after shave FTW :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

An Fhile wrote: »
    I remember I had a tub of the cleansing pads once, ages ago. I vaguely remember that they stung a lot the first few times, but were pretty effective.

Sudocrem is one of the best products ever created.

The pads are amazing for cleaning white shoes :)

Again, it definitly is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Piste wrote: »
    It makes my skin really really dry, and the cleansing pads (you know, the ones that smell like vodka?) actually stung my face!
    thats the idea, they have alcohol in them to kill bacteria. alcohol burns when it gets in a cut or a burst spot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Teutorix wrote: »
    thats the idea, they have alcohol in them to kill bacteria. alcohol burns when it gets in a cut or a burst spot :rolleyes:

Ye see, its not actually supposed to burn your entire face :)

When it burns, you should look at what exactly your applying to your face, and a adjust the strength

Teutorix wrote: »

Or on not-cut, normal skin! (shows I shouldn't have been using clearasil in the first pace!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭c7

...dyed my eye brows ginger once when they added bleach to the formula.

Needless to say I've moved on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I just don't get spots so I don't need it lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

c7 wrote:
    dyed my eye brows ginger once when they added bleach to the formula.
    PMSL!
    rhapsody! wrote: »
    I just don't get spots so I don't need it lol.

:( I hate you for that one. I never use anything like clearasil though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I get one spot like every few months, and it's always on my nose. but it's only one spot, i don't even bother covering it up. why should it bother me anyway cos everyone gets spots.. or most people.. :P most girls in my year would cover a spot with about six ft of foundation or concealer or whatever the hell it's called.

probably why i don't get spots actually, don't use foundation or concealer or anything like XD

rhapsody! wrote: »
    I get one spot like every few months, and it's always on my nose. but it's only one spot, i don't even bother covering it up. why should it bother me anyway cos everyone gets spots.. or most people.. :P most girls in my year would cover a spot with about six ft of foundation or concealer or whatever the hell it's called.

probably why i don't get spots actually, don't use foundation or concealer or anything like XD

Really do have to lol when you see that in fairness. And its completly obvious that there's a spot being covered up. Epic fail.

• Advertisement

PMSL!

Yep, took me about 2 weeks before it eventually dawned on me! :D

Lab Series, ftw now!

Lol, how the heck did it take two weeks to notice that?! XD

I has blonde eyebrows lol. Joys of being ginger.

PMSL!

Lol, how the heck did it take two weeks to notice that?! XD

I has blonde eyebrows lol. Joys of being ginger.

Suppose that was a bit misleading! Took me two weeks to figure out what it was. At one stage I convinced myself it was genetics, both my parents being brown haired. :D

Ah, naïvety.

c7 wrote: »
    Suppose that was a bit misleading! Took me two weeks to figure out what it was. At one stage I convinced myself it was genetics, both my parents being brown haired. :D

Ah, naïvety.

Ah, haha. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

has anyone seen the new "clearasil rapist" ad?
    the one where he pins the girl down and kisses her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ah yes, I had the dubious pleasure of seeing the latest one.
    It's like most of the others - badly acted, terribly dubbed and featuring teenagers who conveniently only have one spot and always manage to attract their crush when that reliable magic potion that is Clearasil makes it disappear.

Hurrah!

Mod note
    A reminder to people:
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    I have copied a selection of relevant posts from this topic to the new Acne Advice Thread. Please post acne releated queries and advice there and consider this thread to be now a more light hearted discussion about acne/clearasil

The above mentioned thread for serious discussion and questions/advice about acne is:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055440970

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I'm hiding this aren't I?

Uuuggghhh... Terrible ad. Has put me off clearasil.

But "clearasil rapist". That's a good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

I got some 'Johnsons' 'lotion' you just apply some on to some cotton wool, and rub on face..

Well its bolocks, expensive and doesn't work.

Contemplating of buying Clearasil, how much does it cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

In my opinion I wouldn't go for Clearasil at all ! When I used it years ago it just made things worse in the long run. I found drinking water and just washing my face with water and a put of soap worked wonders ! Saying that, everyone is different so it may not work for most people but I'd avoid going down the clearasil route altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I found St.Ives Apricot Scrub works the best outta of everything, used to suffer with loads of pimples and blackheads, hardly getting any pimples anymore and the blackheads are lessening (is that a word:confused:).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

This has been done to death!

Clearasil is overpriced crap. If you do suffer from light/modarate acne,just go into your chemist and ask for a cream (Panoxyl,Dermoquin) that is 2.5%,5%,or 10%(overkill imo) Benzol peroxide. It usually ends up being cheaper than Clearasil aswell! (for all you recessionist's out there)! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've never used it much and I never actually got any spots as a teenager, despite a horrific diet. So I tend to worry a tad that I'll get an outbreak anyday now catching up to me from my past ever since I read this story about a woman who got brutal acne when she was in her 40's after 4 prior decades of perfection. Anyway, point of my tale of woe is that I got those pads, they made me feel like I'd given my face an acid bath.

Advertisement