Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to bring back the death penalty

Options
  • 08-12-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

Is it time to bring back the death penalty and actually USE IT?!

That 13 year old who shot the mechanic
    Option 1 hold his hand
    try and rehabilitate him
    lock him up again
    hold his hand again
    lock him up again

Option2 dangle him at the end of a rope dangle the fellow who gave him the gun at the end of a rope

Which option is the best

I know that innocent people will die if we introduce and use the death penalty but it is a price worth paying.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I know that innocent people will die if we introduce and use the death penalty but it is a price worth paying.

Are you willing to pay it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Even if there was one I sincerely doubt we'd start executing 13 year olds:rolleyes:

It's quite retarded to even suggest it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Keyboard warriors: ATTACK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Even Texas wouldn't fry a 13 year old.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Hell yes, bring it back. Currently the jails are full anyway. And pay for it: do you mean the chair that fries them or the dodgy syrenge that zaps them. All are freely available on various side streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I believe we should use it, there is scum out there who arent afraid of the law here. Bring it back but not on 13 year old kids.

I find the idea of executing 13 year olds appalling.

These are kids who are not mature enough to smoke, have sex or drive by law.
    Yet we'd view them as mature enough to die.

Strange rationality but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Fine hang the person who gave the kid the gun.

if we hanged 200 people we could wipe out the drugs gangs

if we hanged 2000 we could wipe out serious criminlaity

hanging 20000 only 1% would solve a huge amount of problems

get rid of the worst 1%

What's the problem with building a big giant prison anyway? The construction would create jobs, the final product will create jobs and it will create room for scumbags with a 'sheet' as long as my cock (for all you know it's really long!) who shouldn't be on the streets.

How many prisons are there currently in Ireland, and what's the total capacity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Yes but it must be not only for murder. Child abusers,rapists,heads of banks etc...must all pay the ultimate price.

• Advertisement

He was old enough to kill. He saw life as having value. We place the value on his life that he does on ours.

FLUSH

What's the big problem with building a big giant prison anyway? The construction would create jobs, the final product will create jobs and it will create room for scumbags with a 'sheet' as long as my cock (for all you know it's really long!) who shouldn't be on the streets.

Costs money to keep people in prison . he more you kill the more you save one of the rewasons they love it in the states.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Regardless of his age, look what he did. Imagine the same guy in 10/15 years. How will he escape next time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What if we run out of rope? That's a problem.

He was old enough to kill. He saw life as having value. We place the value on his life that he does on ours.

FLUSH

So we arbitratily allow kids to be seen as mature.

Does this mean if a kid seems mature we'll let him drink, smoke and f*ck?

FLUSH

Highsider wrote: »
    Yes but it must be not only for murder. Child abusers,rapists,heads of banks etc...must all pay the ultimate price.

Agreed. The landlord class must be destroyed, hang white collar criminals ad estate agents in the 20,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Was there not an 8 or 9 year old being charged for murder as an adult in the states or somewhere recently for pre meditating killing his grandfather?

FLUSH
    A 4 year old is old enough to kill in the right circumstances, should we execute them too?

No offense, but your ''argument'' is moronic. At first I though you were just messing, now I think you're trolling.

So we arbitratily allow kids to be seen as mature.

FLUSH

Yeah as long as we let HER drink and smoke and ****.

Full BOAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

What if we run out of rope? That's a problem.

Then we'll strangle them with our bare hands!

• Advertisement

Yeah as long as we let HER drink and smoke and ****.

Full BOAT

I actually like this way of thinking.

Kids are now mature enough to be tried as adults and can be treated as such.

I'm heading on down to the local secondary school to pick me up some impressionable teenage kids.

FLASH IN THE PAN

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

beertons wrote: »
    Hell yes, bring it back. Currently the jails are full anyway. And pay for it: do you mean the chair that fries them or the dodgy syrenge that zaps them. All are freely available on various side streets.
    You can get leccy chairs on the streets of Dublin now? Heeeeeaaavy buuuuuzz. Jeez I am old...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yes the punishment should fit the crime, he took a life, his should be taken from him.

No matter of age.

Ok. Lock the kid until they're 18. And then hang them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

FLUSH

Not to dampen your rabble with pitchforks or anything but do remember this person has not been charged with anything. They have been arrested, big difference

Holsten wrote: »
    Yes the punishment should fit the crime, he took a life, his should be taken from him.

No matter of age.

DOes this mean we can start executing three year olds if they kill someone?

Ok. Lock the kid until they're 18. And then hang them.
    Hold on now, the issue here isn't is he old enough to allow to execute him, but rather, was he mature enough at the time of the crime to take full culpability for doing so.

DOes this mean we can start executing three year olds if they kill someone?

Poor Maggie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They are mature enough to murder though.

**** them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Agreed. The landlord class must be destroyed, hang white collar criminals ad estate agents in the 20,000

get rid of the worst 1%
    And perhaps hang the namby pamby PC brigade who surround us on all sides?

Hell, let's start a proper decimation in the classic sense. Live text voting for who dies with Laura Woods and Marty Whelan hosting the whole affair and Joe Duffy manning the noose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What's the problem with building a big giant prison anyway? The construction would create jobs, the final product will create jobs and it will create room for scumbags with a 'sheet' as long as my cock (for all you know it's really long!) who shouldn't be on the streets.

A huge filing cabinet is all thats needed.Smallest cells possible and locked up 24hrs a day on their own.

Costs money to keep people in prison . he more you kill the more you save one of the rewasons they love it in the states.

It costs lots of money to keep people in the current nice warm and amenety filled prisons we have now. Small square boxes with cot bed are cheap to build and cheaper to maintain.

I'm on favour of the death penalty btw.

No but if he chooses to do those things he is participating in adult acts and should be treated as such.

A 4 year old is old enough to kill in the right circumstances, should we execute them too?

A 4 year old is not a 13 year old. 13 year olds are well on the way to the maturity they will have at 18 and are well able to decide right and wrong especially in circumstances like what happened last night.

Advertisement