Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat problem in VW Polo...

Options
  • 08-12-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Have an issue with my polo, it is a hatchback and the driver seat folds to allow access to the rear seats but the passenger seat will not fold. This problem is there since I bought the car so do not know if anything specific caused the problem. Is it an easy fix? It is something I could live with but it is a pain in the hole :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Would it be a 3 or a 5 door :o? The reason I ask is I had a 5 door and the drivers seat tipped forward, but the passenger seat did not. I never knew why it had that feature unless the seat was replaced at some stage. :confused:

Your seat probably has a knackered release catch. Is there any play in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You've a broken seat cable - a common enough fault on VWs since the 1970s.

What year is your Polo?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

crosstownk wrote: »
    What year is your Polo?

it's a 95 3 door polo, bought on adverts and in the pics the driver must of forgot to show a pic with both seats folded dorward :rolleyes:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=78713&cat=2

Your seat probably has a knackered release catch. Is there any play in it?

the seat jolts slightly on the side where the lever is (side nearest the door), if that makes sense :confused:

Advertisement