Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA Info Needed!!!!

• 08-12-2008 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi,
    Just wondering how I go about gettining into USA? How long are visa options, are they hard to get and how do I go about doin so?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

How long are you thinking of going? One month, three months, forever? What do you want to do when there?

You haven't given us much to go on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 chipsbebo

Thinking of about a year....initially! Hoping to sightsee for the 1st month then gain employment! Have 2 years Managerial experience in the electrical retail sector. Would enployment be an issue?

Pardon my ignorance, i know very little on the issue!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Well if you are a college student you can get a J1 visa for 3 months. Other than that, unless you are super highly educated and in demand and might qualify for Fulbright scholarships and the like, the only available option is entering the Green Card lottery and winning yourself some citizenship.

The chances, of course, are very very slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 chipsbebo

:confused:A friend of mine is over there on a 6 month visa? Might be through hurling? But 1 of my mates said there was a 1 year visa available now????? Not a student so J1 visa doesn't really appeal to me.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

u can get a 1 year internship if a student

usit.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Advertisement