Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

well my first post here and i'd like to say "WHO THE HELL GAVE PISTE A FORUM!!!?????"

but anyway i'm awful jealous as i live in the wesshht so the country social life ain't that great 99% alchohol and i'm personally bored s****ess of it,
    ah well i'll just be all "anti-social" and maybe study for my lc
    or gatecrash a mates house(but they can stay off my land!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I just play video games. Then I get bored so I complain about them. :pac:

I didn't know people thought going to the cinema was antisocial. The cinema is great fun. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Davidius wrote: »
    I just play video games. Then I get bored so I complain about them. :pac:

I didn't know people thought going to the cinema was antisocial. The cinema is great fun. :(

IMH, the cinema is either un-social or completly pro-creational, depending on what your doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

well my first post here and i'd like to say "WHO THE HELL GAVE PISTE A FORUM!!!?????"

Don't you mean, "Who the hell gave Piste her third forum?"

/smug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

From now on, any user who makes jokes about or trivialises the issue of paedophilia will be infracted or banned

So no more comments like this:
    phasers wrote: »
    Ye can all come round to my house

come on now, into the van...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

From now on, any user who makes jokes about or trivialises the issue of paedophilia will be infracted or banned

LMAO.
    Nipping it in the bud.
    (I'm really really tempted to make a good oul' sick SICK innuendo.)

bythewoods wrote: »
    LMAO.
    Nipping it in the bud.
    (I'm really really tempted to make a good oul' sick SICK innuendo.)

I would strongly advise you not to.

Now back on topic folks.

I had a lovely reply to you in my head then I thought "Wiat, bad Piste, can't say that as a mod..." :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ah feic, off to 4chan so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Firstly Those who know she is a classy person and well able mod.

Secondly This forum is an experiment and good people lobbied long and hard to make it happen it be an awful shame if some tards were to ruin it for them.

Thirdly This place will be watched not only by the mods but the smods and admins and other mods who care and want to see this place work.

Fourthly I think this place is a good idea, hell I would like to think that in a few years time my own kids could be posting here and so will be popping in and out having a look and if needs be reporting posts.

Well done to Piste, JC 2K3 and square_igloo guys feel free to pm me if needs be.

• Advertisement

Thanks Thaed, I'll keep that in mind! :)

So no more comments like this:

If a younger person made the same joke would it be acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Solving a rubick's cube...over and over and over and over again

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    If a younger person made the same joke would it be acceptable?

Phasers has said on other threads that he/she is 17, and while I've no reason to disbelieve him/her you can never tell who anyone really in online, so we can't take someone's word for it about what age they are. Therefore all such comments are inappropriate and not allowed from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Roll on the 8th of March 2009, when I shall finally be outside the under 18's bracket!

Roll on the 8th of March 2009, when I shall finally be outside the under 18's bracket!

But rob zombie will still have ye.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Roll on 26th of January!

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    But rob zombie will still have ye.:pac:

That's okay, I likez Rob :pac:

Heh your birthday's the day after mine!

You also sing, play the piano and violin....are you me? o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

If youre a girl under 18 you can always head round for a visit to Snypers...

The poor man isnt here to defend himself.

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    Heh your birthday's the day after mine!

You also sing, play the piano and violin....are you me? o_O

The Munster version perhaps ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

Am I the only one who thinks theres loads of things to do?

Im in 6th year so not much time to be do things outside of study, at the moment its all parties (18ths). Its all the time I can afford to take off really, sob :mad:

In 5th year I used to go to the cinema sometimes, but more go to the cinema in town on parnell st. and play pool etc there. The hideout on south william st. (i think?) is a bita craic too.

I used to get the bus random places with my friends too, weve gone places in the country that weve never heard of for a few hours. Never fails to be fun!

When the weathers good, get the bus into town and go to stephens green park, bring food and have a big picnic with all the group. Its also lovely to go and bring a book and just chill in the sun.

Film themed nights in someones house, we used to take it in turns. Have had harry potter nights, legally blond nights, adam sandler nights etc. Everyone brings something yummy, like say icrecream, pizza to throw in the oven (ordering in is way to expensive!).

At the moment I have meet ups with a few friends, we go to the library etc. and study for the day, taking our lunch together to have a chat and then going out after, for dinner or cinema.

Gigs are fun, even if its only a local band in a small venue.

Volunteering - no matter where you're interests like theres always something you can do. If hospice work doesnt sound appealing, how about an animal rescue, visiting sick children in hospital, spending a few hours a week with an elderly neighbour. Doesnt always have to be through an organisation! Its very rewarding too.

This time of year, ice skating - go on a day off from school and get the off peak childrens prices!

Also the christmas market on every year in town (around the quays/docklands area) is fun too - this year im going with a friend whos really hard to buy for, splitting up and having a set price and time to find a present. Simple, fun and avoids the rush for presents!

If you're in any way religious, (im not particularly tbh and still had a great time) theres a gospel (roman catholic) youth mass on every sunday evening in town. Unbelievable church, unbelievable atmosphere. Plus theres tea and bikkies after :D Tis popular with my friends, and saying that none of us are really religious, tis actualy fun!

When I think of any more I'll post them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

You go to mass despite the fact you're not religious? :S

Also:
    lorna100 wrote: »
    Unbelievable church
    That's nothing new....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    That's nothing new....

Harsh.....................but true

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

At the weekend I got out to town during the day, or else go work and at night its usually to a friends house, have the girlfriend over, or just more hanging about town. Fairly boring alright. Unless theres a gig/show/whatever on. Can't wait till I'm 18 so I can do stuff! Legally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    You go to mass despite the fact you're not religious? :S

Also:

That's nothing new....

Meaning I woulldn't go to mass every week, its diffferent to your usual, its singing and clapping and tea. Its youth orientated and tbh i find it very inspiring and motivating. Fab speaker called Gerry, does retreats for 6th years.

Unbelievable church.. meaning the building itself is amazing. Its in a rough area, derilect buildings all around and in the midst theres an unbelievable piece of architecture. I dunno bout you, but my local church isnt overly amazing. This building is.

Harsh? Im used to it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I did nothing.

Even now that I am 18, life is till boring, you can't go out drinking every night, like.
    I also find myself bored crapless during the day. In town there's nothing to do, but go cafe crawling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

one word^

chapters.

*slobberdroolreaditall*

lorna100 wrote: »
    Fab speaker called Gerry, does retreats for 6th years.

Ah Gerry, he did retrats for us in 1st and 2nd year, fun guy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

[grumble]I still can't believe I wasn't considered for modship...[/grumble]

Right, things to do:
      cinema bowling sports club music writing reading TV/DVDs

In terms of sociability, sports is the best option. Unfortunately, if you're not into sports, you are living in the wrong country.

Advertisement