Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

expected Fee's for international acts?

• 08-12-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

just a quick question guys...

and please only answer if you have a decent Idea, and not just random figures....

Does anyone have any idea how much It might cost to get someone like....."a-trak"..."plastic little"...."herve"...."sinden"........"tom middleton"....

for say...a 2 hour set?....

My mate told me theres a website where you can book the acts...but I dont know it...if anyone knows that, thats would be great.

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Well first of all booking acts can be tricky if certain promoters have previously brought the acts over and there is a relationship there . . . a-trak, herve and sinden have all been brought over previously anyways so you'd wanna try avoid stepping on toes IMO

Aside from that prices are variable depending on the day of the week you book them for... I don't have any specific prices myself and I dunno how willing others would be to put info up here.

Suffice it to say you'll be paying for flights, accommodation, transport, drink, food and fees also - the flights can be handy if the artist is close (like herve & sinden) but if they're far away it'll be either expensive or restrictive on the dates if the DJ is round doing a tour and can fly from somewhere clost

Most of the artists have links to agencies up on their myspace pages, so e-mail them via the addresses given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

thanks for that Jev :)

I've taken into consideration all of that....accomodation etc....

Just thought If anyone knew of rough estimates of what they'd be expecting...

2 grand or 12...sort of thing....I'd rather think the former would be preferable :P...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

A fairly big european name will cost you approx 1 - 2k +10/15% booking fee. They will also look for 4 star accomodation. Don't forget flights and transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

pretty much - there's also a sliding scale depending on the sort of venue you book them for - obviously a main stage at a festival will cost more than a 200 capacity club; most good booking agents will listen to your requirements and negotiate a deal on the basis of your needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A fairly big european name will cost you approx 1 - 2k +10/15% booking fee. They will also look for 4 star accomodation. Don't forget flights and transport.

+1 on this info, additionally, some of them will be looking for a "plus one" (girlfriend, manger, mate or hanger on - it can be anything!) flight ticket and hotel space.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that fellas....

I thought It was in the 1,000-2,000 region...

with accomodation plus flights (only looking at UK based DJ's at the moment) I'd put it at maybe an additional 300-400 for the weekend...

so, a rough ball park I'd be looking at 2,300? .....I think I'll run with that as a rough estimate, if its less, even better....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Teddi wrote: »
    Thanks for that fellas....

I thought It was in the 1,000-2,000 region...

with accomodation plus flights (only looking at UK based DJ's at the moment) I'd put it at maybe an additional 300-400 for the weekend...

so, a rough ball park I'd be looking at 2,300? .....I think I'll run with that as a rough estimate, if its less, even better....

it should be a bit less in fairness, depending on how big the act in question is and depending on your venue...

i've heard of well established heads (20 years deep in the game and going strong) charging as little as 500 sterling for the sake of a gig in a quiet weekend

well...all I can say is that it would be a new night in Dublin, capacity of about 250, city center.....

speaking of agents..does anyone know how to get in contact with the agents that promote the DJ's?...ask if a certain DJ is available to play?

Is there a cumalitive website containing that information?

thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

itll be on the djs website who his agency is

bear in mind you might struggle to find anyone wholl play for a new night

Helix wrote: »
    bear in mind you might struggle to find anyone wholl play for a new night

Or they may require payment up front in full to do so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

keep your eye out for bank holiday weekends. no coincidence that every bank holiday weekend in Ireland gets the major players in.

also might be no harm in teaming up with another promoter up north or down the country to split flight charges

a dj might be more willing to come over to a new night if hes playing at a more established one the following night

Hmmm...

I sent an email to a promoter who covers a few well known british DJ's...that was three days ago.....geee thanks...so professional...I phrased the letter perfectly.....thanking them for their time in reading it etc...

I dont know how I'm meant to do this if they can't answer a simple email, Im starting out with this so Im a bit lost TBH....

Hmmm...

I sent an email to a promoter who covers a few well known british DJ's...that was three days ago.....geee thanks...so professional...I phrased the letter perfectly.....thanking them for their time in reading it etc...

I dont know how I'm meant to do this if they can't answer a simple email, Im starting out with this so Im a bit lost TBH....

if they don't know the name, the email goes further down the list until they get to it, basically. If you don't get a response in a few days try giving them a phonecall to poke them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sweeno

if you get A-Trak to play in ireland!..........

Let us know here first!

hes a fkin legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Sweeno wrote: »
    if you get A-Trak to play in ireland!..........

Let us know here first!

hes a fkin legend

He's already played here a couple of times at least....

The point I was making before is to contact promoters that have brought the artists over already. Sometimes if there is an agreement there between the agent and that promoter from previous gigs, they're (the agent) not gonna consider any other offers that come in regarding the same city in my experience

Hmmm...

did you email a promoter or an agency?

coz a promoter is just a guy who runs a clubnight, an agency or agent is who you want to be talking to

and again, they mightnt bother talking to you unless you have something to offer

fact is youre hugely unlikely to get a big name right off the bat

Advertisement