Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help...my boss is a narcissist!!

Options
  • 08-12-2008 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Narcissim: A pattern of traits and behaviors which signify infatuation and obsession with one's self to the exclusion of all others and the egotistic and ruthless pursuit of one's gratification, dominance and ambition.

My boss is a narcissistic ego-manic to the point that he's driving his employees to depression!!

Anyone else out there too afraid to do a days work because nothing they can do is ever good enough??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

interestingly enough narcissists, so I've read, are deeply self loathing, hence their constant need for self congratulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maltesersgirl23

that is interesting considering that he is running his business into the ground, self-destructive personality??
    tough on the employees, taking the current climate into consideration!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

quit! life is too short for that unless your screwed on the jobs front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maltesersgirl23

you're just right! but quitting's not really an option right now, i'll suck it up, put the bright side out... lucky i have a job really!!
    just feel bad for the people that he REALLY lays into (foreigners and women btw)...sickens me...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Anyone else out there too afraid to do a days work because nothing they can do is ever good enough??:confused:

I had one years back, where anyone (with no exceptions) set a task would have it thrown back in their face regardless of how they presented it, the results etc. You could be given a vague brief, you could be given a format to follow - neither would do you any good. I did what most did in that time and headed elsewhere. I'd advise you to do the same. These things start creeping into your private time, sleep......Once you lose your peace of mind, the moneys no good to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 buttercup21

I'm in the same boat but with this recession going on I just have to stick it out!!!! god only knows how things will turn out.

If you look at all thats going on with the piggery thing and the amount of places going bust its easier to stomache the boss. keep your head down and kiss ass, thats what I'm doing to keep my job.

At least I know that theres people with the same issues. :o

Advertisement