Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ric Fleihrs son debut match

• 08-12-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭

WARNING..VERY LOUD!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Who is Ric Fleihr?

Oh slightly off topic but who is looking forward to Paul Levesque v David Bautista, John Cena v Adam Copeland, Chris Irvine v Jeffrey Hardy and John Hennigan v Kofi Sarkodie-Mensah on RAW tonight?

Sorry for going off topic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

More of a Smackdown watcher these days tbh. I'm a big Mark Calaway fan but feel his current programme with Paul Wight has gone ultra stale. I feel he should be matched up with Michael Hickenbottom in a feud rounding off with a retirement match at Mania. He can then be inducted into the Hall of Fame by his old friend William Moody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Bizarre thread of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jesus ye're sad..I only wrote it for the craic..but ye are taking the biscuit...Grow up..Mods shall deal with ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

callaway92 wrote: »
    Jesus ye're sad..I only wrote it for the craic..but ye are taking the biscuit...Grow up..Mods shall deal with ye

What 'craic' did you derive from using Ric Flair's real name?

You must be great fun at parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Bruce Mitchell from the Torch was at it and did an audio update on it. Here's a few bits that I remember of it:

-It was in a high school that could hold about 800 people. They sold about 600 to 650 tickets.

- Hulk Hogan did it free of charge as a favour to Flair as it was a show promoting his High spots shoot dvd.

- Ric's second wife was at the show as well as his 2 daughters to see Reids (Ric's son) debut match.

- Bonnie Steamboat was in attendance to watch her son have his second match.

David Flair's wrestling career didn't really do much did it ?

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/7674/

From the above link :
    Reid & David Flair with "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair defeated The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Saggs) with "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart with "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan as special referee
    - Reid did the majority of the work for his team, with David spending little time in the ring. At the end, both Reid & David had the Nasty Boys tied up in Figure Four Leg Locks as Hart got into Hogan's face. Hogan gave him the three punches and the big boot, but as he started to go for the leg drop, he stopped and motioned Flair into the ring; turning his back and covered his eyes. Flair strapped in the Figure Four on Hart and Hogan made the three count.

After the match, Ric got out of the ring and let the two younger Flairs and Hogan have their moments. Hogan even tried to get Flair to come into the ring, but Flair waved him off and motioned for them to go ahead and celebrate.

Hogan was incredibly gracious all night, even heading out to the concession stand himself to get a hot dog, chatting to fans along the way.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2008/12/05/7645426.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Hogan was incredibly gracious all night, even heading out to the concession stand himself to get a hot dog, chatting to fans along the way.

Surely not?

EdK wrote: »

Surely not?

Maybe he was drumming up some interest in his wrestling TV show ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Maybe he was drumming up some interest in his wrestling TV show ?

Maybe he was just having fun and as a favour to Flair. It's possible.

• Advertisement

Maybe he was just having fun and as a favour to Flair. It's possible.

That was the reason apparently :

from the slam canoe article
    Hart mentioned that he is looking forward to Reid’s debut as well as reuniting with the Nasty Boys and revealed a tidbit about the Hulkster’s last-minute involvement. "What I want people to know is that Hogan is doing this for free as a favor to Ric," he said. "Ric asked him to come down and he is doing exactly that. You know, in this business if you ask a favor of someone, a lot of times it doesn’t get returned, but whatever opinion people may have of Hulk Hogan, he helps his friends out."

"Ric Flair approached Hogan and wanted him to be part of this to make it a big show for his kid," Bochicchio elaborated. "Hogan is good friends with the Nasty Boys and stuff so, it's just one of those things where he’s doing it out of love for wrestling, not so much because someone wants him to be there. He’s not going to do autographs, he’s not going to do pictures. He’s coming in strictly to be part of Reid’s match and probably in all honesty as a favor to Ric."

I just meant he was talking to the fans and eating hot dogs with the riff raff to drum up interest and pimp his face a bit :pac:
    I thought I'd add in some humour "for teh crackz" .

Advertisement