Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

U2 kills Christmas (and Greg Lake)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Bollox :mad:

I cringed when a member of one of my favourite bands in the 70's did a bleedin' Christmas song.

But Bono's puke-inducing sentimentality and earnestness (maaan) is just too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

shockingly awful, when the original is pants why bother covering it? And your dead right Big B this is just oversentimental yeeeauuuuurrrgggh, could Bono stoop much lower than that awful Ronnie Drew song? well it seems he can

Also on a point of order here, since when did U2 with their "3 chords and the truth manifesto" start listening to ELP. Whats next? a cover version of Tarkus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh jesus... how horridly awul...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Embarrassing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

sweet jesus that was shocking!!!

larry and adam couldn't look anymore dis-interested if they tried.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

How droll...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

It could be worse, it could have been Ronan Keating or Westlife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I always liked the original I have to confess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Ah its not that bad.

Its not like there frolicking in the snow, wearing Santa hats while playing with children.

Adam looks so disinterested though, its hilarious.

The Edge playing that little rift is gas!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

I like it :o . but then again im a massive u2 fan so.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I am a massive U2 fan (and was never ashamed to admit it either), but that also happen to me by all time fave christmas song since my childhood. And this quite frankly is an embarrassment.

I've stood up to U2 and Bono bashers for years, but i'm slowly losing my faith at this rate. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Trite sentiments, prissily delivered - just right for today's U2.

As for the original, it perfectly demonstrates to me everything that is wrong with 1970's musak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Trite sentiments, prissily delivered - just right for today's U2.

As for the original, it perfectly demonstrates to me everything that is wrong with 1970's musak.

I think it better demonstrates everything that's wrong with U2 from 2000 to present day. With the stream of wretched covers they have produced during that time.

And trust me, Greg Lake's christmas song was nowhere near as bad as the christmas songs that would follow! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Even a german with a ukelele does a much better job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

U2 should've retired after the Popmart tour when they were still at the top of their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Ah bah humbug!

Advertisement