Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is this house worth?

Options
  • 08-12-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

EA says this wont go for less than 420k...as its been slashed....your views on it and what a starter bid could be?...thanks

http://www.daft.ie/1418638

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Judging by this rental in Baldoyle : http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=Search+%BB&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id][0]=3645&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=3&s[pt_id]=&s[move_in_date]=0&s[lease]=&s[furn]=0&s[search_type]=rental&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&limit=10&id=565607

At 1900 p/m (say 1500 net) for the house to have a P/E of 15 that would make it worth € 270,000. With a P/E of 20 that's 360K.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The fact that half the ad IS POSTED IN CAPS is a good sign that they are inclined to talk pure bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

Looks a nice house. So overpriced its untrue - and € 50,000 taken of the price, yeah right.

I would go for € 300,000. (Hope I wouldn't be overpaying, even at that.)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Karlrove wrote: »
    EA says this wont go for less than 420k...as its been slashed....your views on it and what a starter bid could be?...thanks

What do you think is a reasonable price for it?

If the EA is playing games put your bid on a bit of a paper with your mobile number and pop it in the letter box.

tell them the offer is open for 10 days and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Before you pop anything in the letterbox do you even know if the owners live there?
    There is nothing to suggest that it's rented but if it is, the tenants won't take action and even if they do forward it to the owner, it's going to delay things for a few days

Just saying as a tenant who has been there........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

420,000 Probably would have been a good price about a year ago before the prices dropped, but to be honest i would say you would get something similar for about 330,000 - 350,000.

My personal opinion would be to steer clear of wilson moore EA anyway, had problems with them in the past with overvaluing and not giving the full details of a property.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

ROFL :D

The price of standard 3 bed in Baldoyle thats been 'slashed' to 420K. With EAs still trying to peddle b****x like this it's clear we've still got a way to go to the bottom.

Never ceases to amaze me how some sellers think high prices can exist in a vacuum. That magical irish property again :D

Tell them you like the house but the asking price is miles out of whack and offer 280K. Most likely they know 420K is crazy themselves - they're just hoping to dupe a naive seller into buying at 380K thinking they're getting a "bargain".

When they splutter and dismiss your offer straight away , leave them stew for a couple of months, then approach them again with the same offer.

If they are serious about selling, they will come into line with what the market is dictating, if not then there's little point wasting too much with them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

maceocc2 wrote: »
    420,000 Probably would have been a good price about a year ago before the prices dropped, but to be honest i would say you would get something similar for about 330,000 - 350,000.

My personal opinion would be to steer clear of wilson moore EA anyway, had problems with them in the past with overvaluing and not giving the full details of a property.

Don't see why a buyer should care which EA is selling to be honest.

But about Wilson Moore, I know someone who sold through them very very recently. Vendor asked them to value/price it for an immediate sale, and in fairness they did, and it sold within 3 weeks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Apparently its gone sale agreed @ 390k and is no longer available. There are a few nice properties still on the market in Stapolin Lawns which will probably go for significantly less than guideprices (I would suggest going in at around 15% under guideprices and being ruthless).

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BUY THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!!

We are desperate and you should believe everything we say!!

Wouldn't be happy to spend 400k plus on that myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Wouldn't be happy to spend 400k plus on that myself.

Well- its gone @ 390- so thats the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Karlrove

how do know its sale agreed at 390k? Doesnt seem worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

How scarce are houses like this in Baldoyle,
    I'm a southsider but are modern private estate houses near town at around that price few and far between ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

spockety wrote: »
    Don't see why a buyer should care which EA is selling to be honest.

But about Wilson Moore, I know someone who sold through them very very recently. Vendor asked them to value/price it for an immediate sale, and in fairness they did, and it sold within 3 weeks.

Have first hand experience of Wilson Moore myself, they seem to tend to price houses low in an effort to shift them quick - which in a falling market is a good thing for the vendor and, ergo, the estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

how do know its sale agreed at 390k? Doesnt seem worth it

I'd be interested to know this as well. Did you ring them SmcC ?

I'd find it very hard to believe they would have got 390K for it. Who knows though, maybe there's still a couple of green buyers out there.

Advertisement