Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Os Mutantes

Options
  • 08-12-2008 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭

I got in to them recently. Bought the album No Pais Do Baurets on a whim and I love it. it's a great rock album. Picked up another one today called A Divina Comedia.

Anyone else out there a fan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

A Brazilian friend of mine gave me some of their stuff and i really like it. They are like a happier velvet underground i think

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Rocky Racoon

all their stuff is great. they played dublin last year in vicar street - really good - check out their live dvd from the tour - more ideas in on one song than most have in an album..
    if u like it also worthing checking out the early caetano veloso, gilberto gil, tom zealbums and there's a few good comps of the whole "tropicalia" movement too. In my book brazil is maybe only behind the states in terms of the consistent quality of musical ouput. from there worth going earlier to the bossa stuff (antonio jobim, joao gilberto) and then to mpb (joyce, djavan, jorge ben, marisa monte)... good luck on your musical voyage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I have a tropicalia compo with some Veloso and Gil on it and a Brazilian soul one, both very good.

I was interested when I heard about them reforming but I don't think it'd be the same without Rita Lee and now Arnaldo Baptista left too.

Also, anyone who doesn't know them, one of their songs was used in a Bulmers ad (might have been re-recorded first):

Advertisement