Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally IADT got a space

Options
  • 08-12-2008 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hey Rhyme only just spotted that IADT got its own section on boards. I was one of the people who first started off the posts to get this happen and I'm really happy they finally sorted it out. Let me know if I can be of any help and I'll do my best in keeping things alive and letting fellow students know this thread exists...:D

I suppose another option to consider would be to break down the forum section into sub sections of departments, this is at your own discretion though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

owlwink wrote: »
    Let me know if I can be of any help and I'll do my best in keeping things alive and letting fellow students know this thread exists...:D
    Much appreciated. General inactivity coupled with college getting busy these last few weeks have kept things pretty quiet.

As for splitting things up, i think keeping it as it is for now should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Yeah fair enough I was just thinking about that and it is probably better to not have such divides in place.

Was just thinking though and it would be pretty handy to post the library times and the exam time tables up. I might just do that when I get a chance.

I know what you mean things have a tendency to be put on hold when it is assignment time and everything always ends up being due in thesame week or two, although it doesn't help that I generally leave things to the last minute. I am getting better though.

Just one question when did the forum get put through by the administrators?

End of September for the forum i believe.

Project and assessment stuff really has been bearing down recently, everyone is pretty busy it seems.

An idea i've been thinking of putting into practice when college starts up again after Christmas is setting up a weekly/monthly thread with various goings on around the college (Chapel and special events, society and sport stuff etc). I'm not 'in' with any groups in the college so it'll be copying down details from notice boards for the first while, maybe getting in touch with the more public societies as well.

Sounds like a good idea man, I'm working on my thesis at the moment so if anyone has any questions regarding that kind of stuff it's no prob.

Maybe a boards party in the college in the new year. Might be a good idea. I'm going to post a link to this on my year's email in a while anyways just to spread the word.

owlwink wrote: »
    Maybe a boards party in the college in the new year. Might be a good idea. I'm going to post a link to this on my year's email in a while anyways just to spread the word.
    Sounds great, thanks.

If a lot of information starts to pass through this forum, might drop a note onto noticeboards if people are looking for a place to ask idle questions and find timetables and event calendars in one place.

• Advertisement

Rhyme wrote: »
    Sounds great, thanks.

If a lot of information starts to pass through this forum, might drop a note onto noticeboards if people are looking for a place to ask idle questions and find timetables and event calendars in one place.

Yeah good idea man...

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

Rhyme, can I suggest you talk to Ciara, the SU President, and maybe the ENTS Officer could post the up-to-date activities weekly? Good (and in this economy) cheap way of advertising the events too!!!! Just a thought.

Definitely a good idea.

Ciara has been a bit swamped lately with rag week but if i can get a hold of her tomorrow morning or Thursday, i'll mention it.

Advertisement