Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops stocking Fuji tracks?

Options
  • 08-12-2008 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Ok Im in a bit of a rut here, I finally chose an OTP fixed gear to get as a second bike, the Fuji Track.
    Now my main problem is that a good few shops(LBS Etc) dont stock Fuji, I looked online and found that I could get it from England for about fourhundred including shipping. That seemed pretty good to me but I was reminded of import tax(20% me thinks) which kind of put me off that option.
    Another option would be to keep looking for shops in Dublin that stock it, but the overpricing is whats putting me off that.
    My final option would be to get a train up north and get it there but Im not at all firmiliar with it or pricing, so I thought I would ask you guys for your opinion.
    So... opinions or ideas please:D
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You only pay import duties if you're buying outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

there's no "import tax" within the EU. sterling is weak right now.

ftw!

edit : too slow. as ever.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

niceonetom wrote: »

Nice paint job on that one. Terrible looking bars though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

There are no Fuji Stockists in the ROI any longer -went looking for one myself about a year/18 months ago.... biddle is possibly your best bet for price

el tonto wrote: »
    Nice paint job on that one. Terrible looking bars though.

yep. wierd looking. i'd chop n flop em.

i've seen people use those kind of bars like this too. it's a different kind of stupid.

attachment.php?attachmentid=68163&d=1228768021

• Advertisement

niceonetom wrote: »
    i've seen people use those kind of bars like this too. it's a different kind of stupid.

Facepalm

Props for your mad photoshop skillz though.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Ok the picture you have up^^^ there, is that the 08 or 09 model. I know on that site it says its 09 but I thought the ugly looking one was the 09.
    I like the saddle and the paintjob on that one.

dunno tbh.

the pic on the evans site does not match the pic on the fuji site - so something is wrong somewhere.

you could ask evan's for clarification. or buy from biddle (good find Tiny!) £290 is a helluva good price for the 2008.

i prefer that paint job too.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Note the lack of brake as standard - unless you really really really know what you're at then buy a bike with a front brake

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You need a brake. You can add one- but you need a brake.

• Advertisement

Im currently running fixed on my only other bike anyway, 52-18 with a brake but very rarely used, my plan was to have the Fuji a bit more spinny.
    Thanks lads for the help.

you probably know this but just in case... fyi the stock gearing on the fuji is 48x15 (86.4 GI) which is actually a good bit steeper than what you're running now (78 GI). if you want to spin, to the cog shop with thee.

Yarr I know that, but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Advertisement