Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Application Declined

Options
  • 08-12-2008 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering on what grounds you would be declined a credit card?

Applied for the AIB Click credit card last week and got the letter today declining my application. I have the 25K + income it's asking for. I am in employment and don't have any other cards.

I wonder is the fact that I've only been in my new full time job 1 month a factor?

Would appreciate any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The month could well be a factor. Banks are going to be getting tighter on credit. Have you had a card before that you could show a period of on time payments? Have you anything on your credit history that shouldnt help the application?

ICB apply online for credit history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

No, this is the first time i've applied for a Visa card.

Pain in the ass, I can't use my AIB laser card to book or buy anything online as it has no CCV

Yeah I'm wondering also, is it to with because it's just before Christmas?

Their is always other ways like a 3V card/voucher which has a CVV.

Another option would be Halifax Visa Debit card. Requires opening a current account though, and would be week or so by the time you got one.

Laser is accepted on a few sites, a lot of irish sites take laser, like Buy4now which has a a good range.

Thanks for that. It's not the Irish sites i need it for though unfortunately :( Had planned on buying pressies etc with it since i've very little time to actually go to the shops this year

I'm gonna give them a ring tomorrow and see what the story is and then if i've no luck i'll shop around. wanted to keep it within my own bank and this card was recommended to me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

Probably the one month thing - try MBNA. Beware of their rates etc., though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Hi,

I'm just wondering on what grounds you would be declined a credit card?

Applied for the AIB Click credit card last week and got the letter today declining my application. I have the 25K + income it's asking for. I am in employment and don't have any other cards.

I wonder is the fact that I've only been in my new full time job 1 month a factor?

Would appreciate any suggestions

Appeal it. I did and my brother did the same. We both got it. I was a little bit insenced at the time because I had a student C/C with a 3k limit only 6 months before. I closed it to go to Halifax and ended up closing same to come back to AIB. My 2 friends work for AIB and as far as I rem one of them was also declined but got the card on appeal. It would seem that AIB are not so thorough on the applications (however this was about 6 months ago).

stepbar wrote: »
    Appeal it. I did and my brother did the same. We both got it. I was a little bit insenced at the time because I had a student C/C with a 3k limit only 6 months before. I closed it to go to Halifax and ended up closing same to come back to AIB. My 2 friends work for AIB and as far as I rem one of them was also declined but got the card on appeal. It would seem that AIB are not so thorough on the applications (however this was about 6 months ago).

Will do, thanks. From the sounds of the letter, it seemed to me that they were saying I wasn't earning enough..
    Having considered your application in detail, we regret hat we are not at present able to offer you a credit card facility. However, should you have any additional financial information not disclosed at time of application, which you feel we should consider, please contact us to further discuss your application.

So apparently I've to show more frequent lodgements into my account...around 1,500 per month and to try again in 6 months.

I told her that my Laser is useless for ordering things etc so she suggested calling into my bank and asking for a reccommendation...has anyone ever had to do this?

Problem is... my branch is in Bray and I work in UCD...chances of getting to bray is very slim!! any suggestions?

Problem is... my branch is in Bray and I work in UCD...chances of getting to bray is very slim!! any suggestions?

You could phone them and explain if you cant make it out there. say you only want it for online purchases that you will be happy with a small credit limit.

Advertisement