Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think American women are butch?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Having lived in Chicago and been to New York, Florida and Vegas I can safely say that the American women are in a completely different world to the ditch pigs in Ireland.
    Whats with all the pig bashing lately? It's getting out of hand. After the lion they are probably the noblest of all the animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I can only go on the American girls I have met but all of them have been a lot more forward, confident and loud then the majority of Irish / English girls I know. Having said this, the American girls I have met where all still very girly in the things they talked about and the clothes they ware.

Irish men are generally used to being treated a certain way by Irish girls and it would be rare that an Irish girl would walk up to a guy she didn’t know to strike up a conversation. I think often times we are regarded with suspicion until we can prove were not up to no good. This is perhaps why you sometimes get an odd reaction as its sad to say the guy is simply not used to your approach.

As for being metrosexual. I disagree. I think Irish men are generally more softly spoken then there American counterparts but I think that’s about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

PillyPen wrote: »
    I salute your post. This is what Dublin is lacking; surly, rugged lumberjacks.

And why is it that Irish men do that clamming up thing? I'm not loud, but I'm pretty outgoing, and sometimes if I try to strike up a conversation with a local they react like they've never seen a woman before, let alone heard one speak. Are they just shy or am I violating some core social code?

Sweet Joseph, husband of Mary but not father of sweet Jesus!
    You need to get out more.

I'd almost go to that beers on the 20th to show you an obnoxious, boorish Irishman who won't shut up, but I don't want to put you through that pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

So I can meet the swarthy love of my life in Galway then return to Dublin to be re-surrounded by these delicate little she-men. The horror of it! :pac:

Beer and cheer ftw!

Word of advice, stopping asking girls you have met over here where you should go out?

She-men? Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of pussies in Dublin but not that many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Terry wrote: »
    Sweet Joseph, husband of Mary but not father of sweet Jesus!
    You need to get out more.

I'd almost go to that beers on the 20th to show you an obnoxious, boorish Irishman who won't shut up, but I don't want to put you through that pain.
    Lol, come! There'd be no pain, I can handle obnoxious!
    Dragan wrote: »
    Word of advice, stopping asking girls you have met over here where you should go out?

She-men? Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of pussies in Dublin but not that many.

I'm sorry, I thought this was AH. Are the posts here not generally in jest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I find American women a bit boring to be honest. I worked in Boston for 6 months and at the start I thought they were gorgeous but after awhile I found that the all looked the same i.e. pastal Ralpht Lauren shirt, beige trousers and runners!!...blonde highlights..and tanned..

Admittedly I worked in the financial centre but I found the variety of looks amongest Irish women makes them more interesting.

The main criticism of Irish women over US women is that they dont look after their bodies..I know the climate has alot to do with that...but I saw no fat, dimply arses in the places I worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'm sorry, I thought this was AH. Are the posts here not generally in jest?

As a man and a masculinist, I found your comment insulting in the extreme.

:pac:

[Curse]May you be forever surrounded by hand-cream using, lilly tongued moisturisers![/Curse]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

i live in galway and I passed a group of americans walking down the street, and they have the weirdest shaped arses!!! I saw square arses, triangular arses, arse's in the shape of george bush's face lol...where do the buy their jeans??? I have to say I laughed all the way home

I find American women a bit boring to be honest. I worked in Boston for 6 months and at the start I thought they were gorgeous but after awhile I found that the all looked the same i.e. pastal Ralpht Lauren shirt, beige trousers and runners!!...blonde highlights..and tanned..

Admittedly I worked in the financial centre but I found the variety of looks amongest Irish women makes them more interesting.

The main criticism of Irish women over US women is that they dont look after their bodies..I know the climate has alot to do with that...but I saw no fat, dimply arses in the places I worked.

Fair enough! Irish women are really tiny. And I hear what you're saying about US women looking the same, but they really do look different outside of the white-bread financial sector types. For some reason, though, that's what a lot of American women strive for. I think it's boring, too!
    [Curse]May you be forever surrounded by hand-cream using, lilly tongued moisturisers![/Curse]
    Someone must have put this curse on me months ago! :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I would like to add.. I have kissed a good few US women and no complaints. They are good fun and generally up for anything...

Is it just me but I think every US women I was with was on medication of some sort or another..usually for bi-polar..

• Advertisement

Is it just me but I think every US women I was with was on medication of some sort or another..usually for bi-polar..

It isn't just the women in the US!

Edit: By that I meant that it's also the men in the US. My statement wasn't clear!

I would like to add.. I have kissed a good few US women and no complaints.
    Yeah but c'mon partyguinness, it's not really usual for a woman to complain when on the receiving end of a bad kiss. There's no Kissing Complaints Office for her to send a form to and they don't usually say to the kissee "I'm sorry but i'd like to complain about your kissing techniques"

No the complaints of the women you kissed were of a far more subtle nature. After the kissing you never ever seen them again.

Pighead wrote: »
    Yeah but c'mon partyguinness, it's not really usual for a woman to complain when on the receiving end of a bad kiss. There's no Kissing Complaints Office for her to send a form to and they don't usually say to the kissee "I'm sorry but i'd like to complain about your kissing techniques"

No the complaints of the women you kissed were of a far more subtle nature. After the kissing you never ever seen them again.

I loled. Where might I sign up for the (in)famous Pighead Tour of Ireland?

I loled. Where might I sign up for the (in)famous Pighead Tour of Ireland?
    The Pighead Tour of Ireland has been postponed until this whole anti-pork mass hysteria nonsense blows over. Pigheads laying low til after Christmas. They'll be back, they always come crawling back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

American women.

yes all 125 million of them are butch.

Advertisement