Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 swift

Options
  • 08-12-2008 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

just bought a ruger .220 swift for foxing. looking for advice on scopes. leaning towards bushnell 6-24x50 but a bit pricey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I have a Weaver V-16 4-16x42, and the quality is brilliant. Mine's a target reticle, but they do good hunting reticles as well. I got mine for about 200 shipped from The Optics Planet as far as I recall. They were very pleasant to deal with and I'd recommend them to anyone. Nice rifle, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

You've got a mighty tool there. Seeing as its a swift it'll most likely be used for lamping foxes. There's really no need for such a high magnification as 6-24 as on the bushnell, also the trajectory is so flat that there is no real need for the externally adjustable target knobs. (I'll presume its the 4200 series)

I'd like to recommend a lower magnification scope with maybe a 40mm objective (the lamp will provide illumination) eg. Leopold VX II 4-12 X 40 with a standard duplex reticle. There is no point cluttering it with mildots or varmint style reticles.

Check it out..

http://opticswarehouse.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=L41240AOvx11p

Hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 foxebabe

thanks for that - might look into the weaver, good bit cheaper. hope to have gun by w'end, traded up from .22lr so looking forward to some serious shootin

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

foxebabe wrote: »
    thanks for that - might look into the weaver, good bit cheaper. hope to have gun by w'end, traded up from .22lr so looking forward to some serious shootin
    good luck with it. have a ruger No.1 swift and it is one accurate piece of rifle;)

Advertisement