Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Essay Predictions?

Options
  • 08-12-2008 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hiya, I was wondering if any of you guys have predictions for the essays in History HL for this year. My class are doing Movements for political and social reform 1870-1914 and The Persuit of Sovereignty 1912-49 for Irish history topics and Dictatorship and Democracy for European.

My teacher is certain that Parnell and The Economy of Cumann na nGaeladh are gonna come up and Hitler's foreign policy are going to come up.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ive a feeling parnell will
    if only he didnt
    i hate that fecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

please dont tell me that your class are doing those schite books.
    dey are totally useless...

o and for the essays id say the phonebook from 1973
    or something as long..lol.

but serious these will more than likely be the essays.

stalin or facist resigmes.
    rise of sinn fein
    american civil rights (source question)
    dont know about the forth one

but seriously i wouldnt pay much attention to your teacher if he/she has to use a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Here's hoping cultural identity or the Emergency come up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ilikepie

sr. kila wrote: »
    please dont tell me that your class are doing those schite books.
    dey are totally useless...

o and for the essays id say the phonebook from 1973
    or something as long..lol.

God ya, that is so true. Our Xmas exams are next week and i'm basically eating the book. It's mad.

D'ya know are there any better ones, books I mean?

• Advertisement

wel i bought the books. only looked at them once.

out teacher is like a lecturer.

dont kno other books............ sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KnockHoops

some of edco's supplementary books are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Mussolini
    Hitler...last years leaving cert had more or less nothing on either one of these..Mussolini has to show up. Hes so easy aswell :D

how long are your exams going to be at christmas then.
    mine is a modest 3 hours with 4 questions

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I've two History teachers (one for Irish & Documents and another for European), both reckon Social & Ecomonic - Cumann na nGaedheal will be a safe bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

I hate CnG...if there was an option between them and Fianna Fail, i would pick FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

bricky10 wrote: »
    I hate CnG...if there was an option between them and Fianna Fail, i would pick FF.
    Cumann na nGaedheal is piss tbh. Just do both and you're sorted.

Blue Book - Churchill, Rise of Fascism (mussolini), Anglo-American Pop Culture (hopefully!)

Green Book - Emergency, Belfast Blitz, Something to do with Sinn Fein, CnG economic policy, Dev.

Documents - Montgomery or Vietnam are grand, Moon Landings are just so f**king boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Haven't started documents yet - we were messed about last year by a stoner teacher who just didn't bother for 2 months. How is it to handle? I've found the Irish stuff (except the Green book!) to be very easy to understand and retain, the European stuff is a bit more difficult but it all flows into itself so it's not too hard.

Advertisement